Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here

Hybrid View

Default I'm new here

Hey guys, I am new to this forum because I just bought my first Moomba Boat. My signature says it all and my photo album will continue to grow with the 34 pics that make up the "virtual tour" of my new boat. I am not a new boat owner. I traded in a 1985 MasterCraft Stars & Stripes in order to get this boat. I took delivery of the boat yesterday around noon and after the demo ride with the sales guy the engine hours was reported by the gauge at 44 MINUTES! I am super stoked about getting it in the water and making some waves.
    I am still learning to wake board and the dealer threw in a surfboard so, I am going to start learning to surf as well. I slalom and kneeboard. That '85 MasterCraft threw the smallest and softest wakes at ski speeds and was a dream to ski behind.

I'm married and have three kids and they all love to go to the lake. We like to have fun on the lake with old friends and new made friends so, if you are in or around Edmond, OK let's hook up and make waves together.

I am a mechanical engineer and an experienced (Non-certified) mechanic on pretty much every mode of motorized transportation from the air to the subsea. I am also a pretty good welder in MIG, AC/DC TIG, and Stick and I have some experience in CNC & Manual Machining. I built my own extended pylon for my boat out of aluminum. (I'll put pics in another album later.

I know it sounds a little like a job interview or a dating site application but I am just trying to give a little Bio and let y'all know that I am more than willing to help out with questions and labor whenever I can.

Cheers,
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum. Let's see some more pics!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Nice intro and welcome to the madness
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default I'm new here

I'll upload more when I get home to a fast Internet connection. Even thought LTE is fast it is not 12 Mb fast. But here is another pic that will be in the album later. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377284109.202254.jpg

Using Tapatalk on my Aye-phone
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

I think I missed the other 33 pictures in the album Welcome, nice boat, I'm sure you will enjoy it as much or more than your previous ride.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Default I'm new here

To clarify. I did not buy the MasterCraft new. I bought it 7 years ago and then had to rebuild both the tranny and the 351W.

The MasterCraft was confirmed with me because that boat was still solid and did not creak or rattle even though it was 28+ years old. However, MC has decided to cash in on their craftsmanship. I couldn't convince myself to spend $30k (X10,X25, or X30) more for a boat that did not out preform the LSV.

However, when I win the lottery I will probably have to buy the "Cadillac" that has all of the gadgets and widgets you can fit in a boat and park it next to the brand new Moomba I just bought with my winnings as well.

Using Tapatalk on my Aye-phone
    William

2013 Mobius LSV

My Boat

Congrats, you're going to love it! Not sure you'll love the slalom wake though lol!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Congrats on your new boat. You won’t regret it...

welcome and congrats
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Welcome to the best forum around!

The people on this forum have lot's of knowledge, are very friendly and very, very funny at times.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.