Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Pre-warning, I'm long-winded on forums as I'm sure some have noticed.

Go look at both and I'm sure you'll feel it with one of them. Plus once you get the vibe from the owners that may make a big difference too as you'll be able to tell what kind of people they are and how they likely took care of their boat.

Maybe you won't feel it with either though? Who knows, maybe after you go look you'll decide that neither is exactly what you want. With this big of a purchase, hold out and get what you want. I'm so glad that the deal fell through with an 05 LSV I almost bought. Basically the credit union I used wouldn't allow any extras to be added to the value of the boat on NADA (like no check boxes at all, just base price, which is dumb) so I couldn't get financed. It sucked and I was so let down. I absolutely would have that boat right now if it would have came through, and I wouldn't even know what I was missing out on.

Then very shortly after I found the 06 on here that I have now which booked a bit higher, even though I didn't need it with my new credit union since they added extras (I went through a new credit union anyway that I love now and have switched almost everything over to them).

I think those prices are reasonable, but there are deals out there. For reference, I think I got a great deal that may be hard to match, but I paid $28k for mine with 180hrs a few months ago. Mine has perfect pass, bimini top, single axle trailer, G3 ballast (I've upgraded rear bags now), dual batteries. No tower speakers, but it's wired for them. Ryan kept excellent care of it...it is as good as new. I had to drive 5 hours and so did he, we met halfway. I was so in love with it when he pulled up, I almost shat my pants. I was on cloud 9 the whole drive home, and I did that drive from 1am to 6am and literally went straight to the boat launch because I couldn't wait to get it in the water. My point is...it should feel like that and be pretty obvious to you if it's your boat!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

08 for most of the reasons allready stated above
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I am about to list my 07 LSV for $28. 190hrs. Gravity3, perfect pass, dual battery, stainless rub rail, docking lights. interior leds, pop up cleats 4 amps, sub and custom Bimini.... But needs new trailer as mine is starting to rust. Sorry not trying to hijack or selfless promote

Single axle trailer is a deal breaker for me. My previous boat had a single axle and would sometimes sway on the highway. Hated that feeling. Maybe it was just how that rig was set up though. My current boat has a double axle trailer and pulls straight as an arrow all the time.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod62 View Post
    I am about to list my 07 LSV for $28. 190hrs. Gravity3, perfect pass, dual battery, stainless rub rail, docking lights. interior leds, pop up cleats 4 amps, sub and custom Bimini.... But needs new trailer as mine is starting to rust. Sorry not trying to hijack or selfless promote
    My neighbor has a double axle Supra trailer for sale...

Why would he need a new trailer if it's just rust? Couldn't you just sand and paint it?

LOL! You don't live near salt water do you?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    LOL! You don't live near salt water do you?
    Haha no, and I was going to say something like "I probably have no idea what I'm talking about with saltwater though" so I didn't sound as much like an idiot!

Is it really THAT bad that it destroys the trailer? Even if you like re-paint the trailer every year?

We have TERRIBLE salt on the roads here in the winter, and basically every vehicle in Michigan has a rusty frame after a couple years. Luckily, I don't pull my boat in the winter lol!

It gets inside and rusts from the inside out. Here's a look at my original trailer from my Outback. Guy put it in brackish water only a couple of times but then the brake lines rusted through and made a mess.

100_3889.jpg
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Mine looked like small rust bubbles until I tapped with a screwdriver and this happened. Check out all the flakes on the ground. I use at a river called Black creek that is very slightly brackish. Why I have always flushed my engine after every use.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8ZG...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Haha no, and I was going to say something like "I probably have no idea what I'm talking about with saltwater though" so I didn't sound as much like an idiot!

Is it really THAT bad that it destroys the trailer? Even if you like re-paint the trailer every year?

We have TERRIBLE salt on the roads here in the winter, and basically every vehicle in Michigan has a rusty frame after a couple years. Luckily, I don't pull my boat in the winter lol!

Black Creek is where my cousin skis with her MC Stars n Stripes.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!