Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yea, Wax, this is hard. Both sellers sound pretty firm on price. I was leaning to the 2006 when I thought that it had Perfect Pass. Now I am thinking the 2008. I am just thinking that you get a 2 year newer boat with 60 less hours on it for only $2K. In the future, if I sell, I think the 2008 would have a better resale value.

But, you have a point, about taking that $2k and putting it into a ballast system for the 2006.

The other thing is that I am going to look at the 2008 first and then the 2006 2 days later. But, in between that time, someone else is supposed to come look at the 2008. So, if I don't pull the trigger on the 2008 before seeing the 2006, I may lose that one. Maybe, I just wait until I see the 2006 and if those other people buy the 2008, fate will have helped me to decide.

I would go with the 2008 for a few reasons:
    Both boats you will upgrade the ballast
    Factory speakers in the 06 might be dried out and need replaced, I have done the bow speakers in mine next the cockpit
    Think they changed to thicker vinyl in 2007 or 2008, I have a few cracks on my center sunpad rear by vents. Happened on last outing, fixing in off season
    Single axle easy to move in tight spots
    Or My 2006 Orange and White LSV has 170 hours for $30K so I can order a new Mondo
    GI ballast
    750 bags in rear with Tsunami pump
    Tower speakers with PM
    Single Axel Trailer new tires in 2012
    Let me know if you want more info, if not no biggie not sure if I'm ready to sell.

^^There's another option right there!

Honestly, don't worry about another buyer. We're not talking a $200 moped, we're talking a $34k boat. Most people don't pull the trigger immediately when they look at one, because it takes a minute to digest. Although...I bought mine here on the forums sight unseen the minute I saw his ad LOL!

Take your time, there will always be boats available and fate will decide. My boat that I found on here is literally EXACTLY what I would have ordered from the factory if I had hypothetically ordered myself a new boat back in 06. It was a complete no brainer for me, had everything I was looking for and was exactly the color I wanted.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: which to buy, a 2006 or 2008 LSV?

They redid the dash, heavier vinyl, and heavier carpet in 08. 07 and 08 both had the good bolster seat they still use in the supras. Before and after weren't near as nice.
    There was a change in the windshield 07 to a longer swooping windshield. All of this is cosmetic really. I would really wait until you see the condition of the boat in person. Hours are nothing when people take really good care or beat the heck out of their boats.

PWI as usual...

Does the 2006 have all the stainless stuff on the interior, i.e. grabhandles, etc.? I'm pretty sure it doesn't and the 2008 does. I like the look of the 2008 better. 2 year newer vinyl by itself is worth a grand to me. Lower hours, etc. I'd be snapping up the 2008. With your short tow the single axle trailer will be fine. I tow 35 miles each way every time we go out and then take a 4 hr. each way trip every summer. Go newer.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default which to buy, a 2006 or 2008 LSV?

I think both are overpriced.

IIRC the drivers seats are different, better on the 08.

06 will not have the dripless shaft seal.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

The driver's seat is huge. The 2008 has the good one. No idea about the 2006. That would be a bad strike for me. Dripless shaft is nice too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: which to buy, a 2006 or 2008 LSV?

I wouldn't rush anything it's end of season soon, it'll be a buyers market.. There should be more boats that will drive the price down but you may have to travel.. Use claz.org..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Thanks for all the responses. I like all the info about the improvements from 2006 to 2008. If you have more, let me know.

They both have the 325 Assault engine. Were there any significant improvements in the drivetrain over those two years?

I believe the drivetrain is the same till they had to add cats.
    My cup holders are gray on my 2006 with edged pop up cleats. Our old 07 xlv had ss cup holders and moomba cast into the cleats. They do add little things every year to help drive sales and justify the cost increases. I would say the 08 is priced right the 06 a little high, since they are firm on price. I have 2 dealers that have given me fair trade numbers with a good price on the mondo.