Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Thoughts on this boat?

Looking for our first v-drive and came across this. Only a few hours away and price is definitely in budget.

What are your thoughts? Price? Will it be good for wakeboarding and possibly starting to surf on?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-LSV-102434392

Thanks,
    Matt
    Boatless for now

I thought Gravity Games editions were a Supra thing.

Default Thoughts on this boat?

No, gravity games and moomba have been a thing for some time, although it's over now. Definitely not just a supra thing...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Moomba'03Gravity.jpg

This what an 2003 Gravity Games Edition looked like. They all had the same decal on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Looking for our first v-drive and came across this. Only a few hours away and price is definitely in budget.

What are your thoughts? Price? Will it be good for wakeboarding and possibly starting to surf on?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-LSV-102434392

Thanks,
    Matt

That is definately a great starter boat , our 2007 obv was the same hull.and size,

The freeboard is low on those models.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Great starter boat and the price looks decent. But as pointed out above that is not a gravity games edition. They all had that sticker on the rear. The freeboard is low compared to what is being produced today, but likely most in that price and year range will be. On semi-protected waters and with a smaller family or crew that will likely be a great first V-drive Tow boat.
    1998 MC Maristar 225VRS(for sale)
    2014 Tige RZR-sold
    2013 Tige RZR-sold

Ok, sounds like it should work for us. We typically have 3-5 people and our local river is maybe 100yards wide and 6 miles long and the lake is only about 5 square miles and doesn't get too bad out.

It doesn't look like/say that it has tower racks/speakers or a bimini. Where would I look for good pricing on it and does anyone know what size tubing the tower has so I can use that in my search. I found this website for racks and speakers...http://www.diywake.com bought from them before? Still not sure where I'd find a bimini though.

Does the tower fold? If so does anyone know how easy it is and what the height it on the trailer when folded? Trying to see if I would be able to get it in my 7ft home garage door or need to keep it at my office which has 14ft doors.

Is this ballast going to be integrated and plumbed/switched from the factory or is it likely aftermarket by a previous owner?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for your input!

Matt
    Last edited by That Guy; 02-15-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Boatless for now

Tower will fold forward.
    You should have extra switch's to wire in the pumps if you go that route. If you take on Griggs you will take rollers over the bow when weighted, as its a low freeboard. Our 2006 LSV would. Also to surf the rub rail will be in the water when weighted. I would look for a newer LSV 2006 - 2012 was one of the best hulls produced.

great first boat, looks clean and price is about right. You can get a nice, cargo bimini from Monster Tower. We had one on our 2008 Outback V (same hull & tower) and it was great.

see details here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=monster

Unscrew the black knobs on the tower & loosen up the screws on the front legs and the tower will fold forward and the boat will fit in the garage, no problem. I would put a rope on the pylon on the tower and pull the tower to me while standing in the bow. I'd do the reverse and stand on the swim deck to put it back up. Otherwise, it's a 2 person job.

You'll need to post some pics of the ballast system for folks to tell you if it was factory or installed by the prior owner. Although, it really doesn't matter because now that you've found this motley crew, you're going to upgrade whatever is in there.

While I agree with Patrick on a 06+ LSV, you're not going to find one under $20k. If he knew how to drive better, he wouldn't take rollers over the bow. You'll be fine. Just make sure your bilge pump is working.

Drew, I wasn't the first one driving when it happened. It was a buddy of mine that I would say is one of best driver's I have known.