Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Seeing all the bent props from this last weekend - including my first EVER! (I'm not bitter...) and how low Oroville was last weekend, I don't know if I will be able to go out again this year. I wont have time this weekend (car show) and the boat ramp was almost toast last weekend.

Last year we were boarding into October.

Pray for west coast rain this winter!!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Default Prop Strike - WARNING: Graphic Pics

Yup, late to the party but Elbert fixed me up over the years as I located the rocks on the upper willamette.

I too hit my prop at Shasta coming out of Antlers a month ago. Got lucky but might get the prop checked out in the off season.

Here's a comparison from the last week in July 2012 vs 2013!

I was looking at 50' of a rocky hill behind me in the second pic that the houseboat was anchored on in the first pic.

BTW I am going to Oroville next year, I met this guy at Lake Billy Chinook this year and got an invite on his houseboat.
    -Jake

oh, all these prop problems, i've had mine too. fortunately nothing as bad as these pics here.

i should go to the classifieds and post a prop for sale. i have an extra OJ prop, the 4 blade wakeboard upgrade for 08, i don't know what else it is from memory, but willing to sell.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    ...I too hit my prop at Shasta coming out of Antlers a month ago. Got lucky but might get the prop checked out in the off season...

I was looking at 50' of a rocky hill behind me in the second pic that the houseboat was anchored on in the first pic.

BTW I am going to Oroville next year, I met this guy at Lake Billy Chinook this year and got an invite on his houseboat.
    I sure hope we get a good dose of rain here in the West this season. Lake Oroville still has a lot of good running areas, it's just the boat ramps are closing left and right. I don't know if we will be on it again this season.

Oroville is now my local favorite even though it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive (or 4 in traffic!) and I am 20 minutes from Berryessa.

Over at Bidwell Marina, you can rent a covered slip for a little over $100/week.

As long as we get some rain, we will have our 28' pontoon boat (poor man's houseboat?) along with our boat at Oroville a lot next season, along with a new prop and a rebuilt spare prop!!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Yup, late to the party but Elbert fixed me up over the years as I located the rocks on the upper willamette.

I too hit my prop at Shasta coming out of Antlers a month ago. Got lucky but might get the prop checked out in the off season.
    Jake,

When we were there last weekend, Antlers had floated their docks down to Sugarloaf. The water in front of Antlers was little more than a river at that point. It worked out fine though - we just trailered our boat the 10-15 minutes to Sugarloaf every day and brought it back next to our cabin each night instead of leaving it at the boat moorage at Sugarloaf. Since we never went more than 30 mph, we left all the boards on the racks and the bimini up so it was not a big deal. More peace of mind that way and I could gas it up at the gas station for $1.50/gal less than what they wanted at the marina

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I did a prop change this weekend also, but luckily it was because I hadn't put my better prop on from the last time it was damaged.

Ron (rsinger) - how did you do that much damage to your prop idling onto your trailer? Did you hit the concrete from the ramp? Ouch, bet you felt sick when you heard the sound of that strike.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Just made two phone calls, the first to Acme and I will be sending them my 1617 for repair, the second to WM and I got a 1235 being sent down, it will be here Wednesday.

Now I just need to find out if Oroville is accessible, two weeks ago when we were there it seemed like we were at the end of the ramp.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Ron (rsinger) - how did you do that much damage to your prop idling onto your trailer? Did you hit the concrete from the ramp? Ouch, bet you felt sick when you heard the sound of that strike.
    X marks the spot. It should have never happened. This is a city launch. I called them the next day to shut it down until they find out whats out there. The side of the prop must have just glanced of whatever was down there. The rudder never touched anything, and it's lower than the prop.

Last edited by rsinger; 08-27-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Al, sad to see that. Glad you all are ok.

If you don't mind, shoot me over the details (PM or email) from the AWS repair quote and I can compare notes with you from when I went through this exact same thing a while back. They provided a spreadsheet with line items.

After my previous dealings with them I'd seriously consider letting your insurance know the numbers and then look into the shops Newty and others recommended for the actual work...

(when I first saw this - I was thinking it was going to be some gory shots of a leg half cut off. glad that it wasn't!)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Lake Ouachita last year, what little gelcoat damage you see is quite expensive to fix. My total bill came to 7K
    P6230775.jpg
    P6250916.jpg2012-06-25 16.44.07.jpg2012-06-25 16.44.24.jpg2012-06-25 16.44.46.jpg
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs