Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    buy a cottage, problem solved
    Ya they are giving them away up in Muskoka. LMAO

Are they all torsion axles? So far I have replaced a few on snowmobile trailers and I don't think I am a huge fan of them. I kinda like the tried and true axle and leaf spring set up still. In my experience the cost is pretty similar by the time you buy all the parts.

Brian

Default Had it with blowing tires

Torsion axle for me. I'm betting most with issues are the torsion. Just ordered replacement brake caliper assemblies for mine too. Found both of them locking up on me yesterday.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    Torsion axle for me. I'm betting most with issues are the torsion. Just ordered replacement brake caliper assemblies for mine too. Found both of them locking up on me yesterday.
    Got to love the brackish of the SBR!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That's definitely part of it David, but I expected it. Tire wear is still wrong though.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

any of you have a tandem trailer?? how often and which way do you rotate the tires??
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by detipton View Post
    The original size is 225/75r14. Goodyear sold me standard load rated tires. Lessen learned now. Like I mentioned I live in Arizona and drive ~125 miles to the lake and drive about 65-70 mph and it is 105f outside. The last two tires were last weekend and the previous two were the originals from the previous owner which were old most likely last october.
    I can't find any tire in size 225/75r14? I have used Carlisle tires without any problems. Last year I learned about Kumho Trailer tires with a load D rating. With a higher load range you can increase the allowed MAX air pressure (65). With an increased air pressure it allows for higher heat and speed. I'm not sure if the tire will work for your application, but might be worth a look?

http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/categor...E-E59335DE416C

Inside tire wear is definitely a sign of a bent spindle or axle. These often occur when your trailer slips off the end of the cement pad while pulling your loaded trailer out. The impact doesn't have to seem that hard to bend things a little. Once your tire has most of the weight on that inside edge, they don't last long before they fail.

Speed is another issue we are all guilty of from time to time. Add heat or uneven tire wear to that and you are having fun on the side of the road.

I sell quite a few trailer tires on one of the other boat forums, and the same problems are all there. I sell mostly Kenda Loadstar K550 and Gladiator QR-25 trailer tires without having any warranty replacements.
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 09-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.

I know I am on borrowed time. I obsessively watch my tires all the way to the jam and back. My tires are 5 years old and we tow quite a bit. I reckon this thread is a sign to get replaced. Did yall jackstand and pull wheels or take the whole thing boat and all to have the tires replaced?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I've done it both ways. If I have the boat at home I just take the tire off and take it in to my local Discount Tire. They are very quick when you just give them the wheel/tire without it on the boat. But, I've also decided to get a new tire when I wasn't at home at Discount Tire and they just jacked up the trailer and took the tire off. Very easy either way.

I will say I have one of the Harbor Freight electric impact wrenches and that may be one of my better purchases from from. Works great on taking tires off in the driveway on all the vehicles.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

I have an old Snap On impact and a compressor. I can rotate a car in about 2 min. I always just take the rims off the trailer and put the spare on one side and leave the other side blocked when I take them in. I used to mount them myself too but I'm too old for that crap now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!