Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shore stations are heavy especially with the canapy. I have used 4 ft by 4 ft, commercial packing insulators, they are very buoyant. Once near shore get a couple Dolly's to move the hoist.

Where In Michigan do you live?, my brother in law has a dock building/install service in central southern mi.

Last edited by jmvotto; 08-21-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'm a little north of Detroit, in Lake Orion. I hired somebody today, they're coming tomorrow. Talked them down to $550 for the entire job, which includes removing the Shore Station, installing the Great Lakes, then moving the Shore Station to the new owner's house about 15 miles away (I sold it to the first guy that came out to look at it). That doesn't include install a the new owner's house. Sounded like a decent deal to me.

I don't know if you can see well in my avatar, but my canopy isn't a Shore Station canopy or any other standard type. It's galvanized roofing like a car port. It is stupid heavy. Kind of glad I'm getting rid of it...it's the coolest canopy on the block, but more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. Doesn't work well with a tower anyway, made for more like a pontoon boat.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

no did not notice that, that would be crazy heavy with more metal on top.

sounds like you did pretty well.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold