Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    how is jocasee? i've been researching local lakes for camping and boating and this one came up. cliffs look cool.
    Ive hiked around and boated on Jocasee a number of times. it is one of the most beautiful lakes in the area. almost zero development around the lake.

Hartwell along the SC/GA line is also a nice place to camp/boat.

Default Some Pics from Lake Jocassee last weekend

It's a great place to boat and camp, only problem is devils fork fills up quick so camp sites are not always available. I usually book 4 or 5 long weekends at the beginning of the season. We are there about every weekend if anyone is ever in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    What part of the lake is this, other side of the dam from Devils Fork landing?
    Pushpin "B"
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=E...sz=13&t=h&z=14
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Default Some Pics from Lake Jocassee last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    It's a great place to boat and camp, only problem is devils fork fills up quick so camp sites are not always available. I usually book 4 or 5 long weekends at the beginning of the season. We are there about every weekend if anyone is ever in the area.
    That's what we are looking for. Wife and I don't do normal vacations anymore, especially with having our two year old and now being in SC where we have no family. We like taking long weekend trips, especially camping and it's EVEN better if you can bring your boat (without stupid HP restrictions). I was at work surfing camping in NC and SC and Jocassee came up, so did Devils Fork. Jocassee is a good ways from me in Charlotte so it'd have to be a 4-5 day to make it worthwhile. Definitely looks beautiful though.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Jocassee is a good ways from me in Charlotte so it'd have to be a 4-5 day to make it worthwhile. Definitely looks beautiful though.
    You wouldn't be disappointed
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)