Default Kicker Amp issues

I have a Kicker ZXM450.2 that I bought a few months ago to go with my Kicker tower speakers the amp has gone into protection mode & I can't get it out I have completely unhooked it and re hooked everything up light comes on as soon as the power ground and remote wire are hooked up, evternal fuses are fine. Anyone have any ideas?

If all speakers and RCA's are disconnected and the red protect light comes on when the amp is powered up, then it sounds like an internal issue. But, 2 things to check first. 1) battery voltage. 2) make sure there are no whisker hair wire strands bridging over from the ground cable to the turn-on lead. Slim chance, but electrical is not always predictable.

What speakers are you driving with it?

I am running the KMT 60's this is the amp Phil from Kicker suggested for these speakers I have the power running through a distribution block with a voltage display and it is showing 13.5 volts I have 2 bats in boat wired in parallel I will check for whisker hairs as the power wire is a very large gauge wire and could possibly be touching the remote wire.

If after you check for whisker hairs it is still behaving badly, even with the speakers disconnected please call us toll free at (800) 256 - 0808 and ask for Customer Service. Your amp has a two-year warranty so we will want to repair it for you.

When you get it back, lets go through your settings and check the speakers to make sure that the speakers are functioning properly as well. Happy to help out!

Phil
    Kicker

Will do Phil thanks for the great customer service your company provides.

So I checked all connections still had issue so I re-installed the amp that was in the boat when I bought it an everything worked. Definitely issue with the amp so I called HIFI sound connection whom I bought it from and they are gonna warranty it.

So after sending the amp back to www.hifisoundconnection.com they said they no longer carried the amp so they gave me a store credit that they said was as good as a cash. So i decided I wanted to add a sub to the boat and they had a Kicker sub I was interested in however the price for the sub I wanted was $299 on their site & I found it for $199 on Amazon so I tried to get them to price match and they did since that is their policy according to their website however when I told them I wanted to use my store credit to purchase the sub they said they could not price match if I was using a store credit even though they told me a store credit was the same as cash. So in conclusion I would suggest you not buy from HIFI sound connection they are not a reputable company.

Sorry to hear you're left without an amp. Im guessing the amp was a refurb or something and did not have factory warranty? Do you by chance have a local kicker dealer that you can work with? They tend to only sell new product, direct from the manufacturer. This gives you full factory support, as well as support from the local guy.

Amp was new and under warranty but Kicker wanted me to send it back to retailer since they were an authorized Kicker dealer. Oh well lesson learned.

So I had a good ending to this situation I contacted Kicker customer service regarding my issue with HIFISound and they contacted HIFI and HIFI called me within 5 minutes with an order number for the subwoofer I wanted to use my store credit for.The guy whom I was speaking with said he would get his Cust. Service team straight regarding store credits.