Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry New Seadek pad coming up

I installed a new Seadek pad in July and today I noticed that it is coming up in the letter already. I definitely prepped and installed it correctly and of course adhesion is not covered. So my question is how do get adhesive under the center of the pad and what adhesive do I use?
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Are you sure it is coming up OR is the two parts seperating? I had one that started to seperate creating a bubble. Took pictures, contacted SeaDek and it was warranty replaced.

Default New Seadek pad coming up

And are you sure it isn't an air bubble between the platform and the pad?
    2013 Outback V

if its an air bubble, just insert some type of syringe device to remove the air, also if it is separating from the platform use the technique to add adhesive.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

When I installed it followed the instructions carefully. I noticed this past weekend that the top of the "A" in Moomba was coming up.Now that the boat has been out of water and dried out I was able to press the back down. Which when I installed it I was sure to really set the letters. I only had 3 air bubbles on the right side of the platform, which I followed the DIY video for removing them. It make me wondering if the 2 layers aren't separating because it feels like I have few air bubbles all over the pad now.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

It sounds like you have air bubbles. I had mine installed by a shop and after putting it in the water I noticed the letters were raised in some areas. It bugged me but when I got home I just used a pin and pressed them back down all is good now.
    Boat: 2008 Moomba LSV - Exiles & Wetsounds, more mods to come
    Tow Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    Other Toys: 2007 BMW 335i coupe modified, 2015 BMW M3

I decided to call Seadek about the pad coming up under all the letters after just 2 months of being installed. Here is the response I got:
    Hello Mike-
    I apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your SeaDek. However, this issue is not related to anything you did or did not do in the installment. Since there is a very small area inside of a medium size routed out area there is minimal glue between the grey and the black to keep it bonded. Couple this with high traffic, a knee or a foot repeatedly hitting this area it will start to come apart. Unfortunately, this is not a warranty. If you would like to place an order for the interior of your boat I will cover you a 10% discount. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Paige Brewer

This didn't sit very well with me that a design they sell on their website won't stand up to foot traffic. What kind of product is this? And why would I buy another thing from then if it is not going to last, you kidding me! I called and asked to speak with the woman that has ownership in Seadek but she is out till Friday. I will keep you posted....
    2007 Moomba Outback V

I'm not surprised by their reply. They have secured OEM contracts and grown exponentially which, in most business models, results in the folks that got them there getting screwed.

Who does Moomba?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Stewart Products

http://stewartssurestep.com/