Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Boat Question

I’m looking at purchasing a 2013 Outback V Pretty soon. Are there any particular issues that are common on that model? I ask because my brother in law just purchased a 2013 Malibu 22 MXZ. There is a common issue with surfgate electrical system that is well documented in the Malibu forums but he has had other electrical issues as well. I understand 2013 was the first year for surfgate but the other electrical issues were with interior lighting immediately blowing fuses when turned on. I just want to know if there is anything that I should pay particular attention to when I go test drive.

its not a new model and I have never really heard of any know issues since that hull started in 09?

solid boat, buy it, use it, enjoy it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    its not a new model and I have never really heard of any know issues since that hull started in 09?

solid boat, buy it, use it, enjoy it
    The swivel racks (if it has them) are under a service bulletin, and the wake plate (if it has it) is headed that way.

The wakeplate issue is not a big deal at all. The new wakeplate controller will randomly change settings when you stop.

The board racks can swing in and karate chop people in the head with a wakeboard.

These were the ONLY issues with my 2013 LSV, and I am sure if they are problems with the LSV, the OBV has them as well.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Thank you for your responses. The boat has the fixed racks installed so thats not an issue. I will ask about the wake plate. It is just the indicator not the actual plate, correct?
    Last edited by samvq1; 08-16-2013 at 07:35 AM.

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

I have the same problem with my wake plate gauge,it will change on its on,but the plate stays in place
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default New Boat Question

My '13 OBV wakeplate gauge does the same , but very rarely - I have 50 hours and I think I've noticed it twice.

I've had no issues with my OBV (or my 2008 Outback DD with 600+ hours!) and wouldn't hesitate to buy another Skiers Choice boat when we are ready.

I also love the support from the factory - second to NONE is the SC service after the sale!
    2013 Outback V

Thank you for all of your responses. I'm happy to hear I haven't picked a model loaded with problems. Our salesman has been great in terms of answering questions and getting information to me even knowing that it will be several months before I am ready to purchase. I'm probably looking at the January time frame. In short, I think I have found what i am looking for.

If that's your time frame I think you should consider a 2014. Talk to Drew at the boat show.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If the one I'm looking at sells before I'm ready, my plan is to order a 2014. The 2013 I'm looking at has everything I'm looking for and I should be able to get a good price.

maybe . . . . .

remember that one day you will sell the boat. the discount you get on a holdover needs to be significant enough to offset the depreciated value loss. at the end of the day, the buyer, his bank, insurance company, etc. doesn't care if it is a 2013 model that was purchased in Aug of 2012 or Jan of 2014 and will simply base the price they offer you on the fact that it's a 2013. Your dealer has probably been paying interest on that boat and they don't just wave that off - it gets buried back into the cost of the boat. I often find that if you put all the numbers down on a piece of paper, you're going to find the 2014, purchased at the boat show w/ dealer incentives, is the better way to go than a holdover.