Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you for that. I have never bought a brand new boat and thought it may be like end of year cars. Make the deal move them out. I will certainly check out incentives. Will the incentives be announced to dealers maybe October/November time?

You're correct, they will make a deal to move them out to clear inventory off the lot and to get rid of the floor plan interest payment. The "deal" will be relative to peak-of-season pricing. For some, this is perfect as it puts the boat into their budget, they plan to keep the boat for a longer period of time and the depreciation will flatten out.

Incentives should be known soon. Pricing at the boat shows is normally aggressive and Moomba has traditionally offered "get X free" for options. They have used a point system (say 5 pts) that can be used for speakers (1 pt) bimini (2pts) etc.

You may well find that the 2013 at the final, out-the-door price is the best option for you. Put pencil to paper, do some good homework on depreciation and cost comparison between model years and buy a boat! You'll love having one and the memories are priceless, no matter how the $$ works out in the end.

We just picked up our new Mojo this weekend. I found such a great deal that I wasn't willing to wait until January and it potentially sell before then. I have also been looking hard for about a month and a half and this was the best deal we found by far. I had the best luck with smaller dealers that are very interested in not having the boats over the winter. We did drive a little ways but it was worth it. I would suggest calling multiple dealerships if you can and seeing what they are willing to do as far as pricing.

Congrats! You will love the Mojo
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by samvq1 View Post
    I’m looking at purchasing a 2013 Outback V Pretty soon. Are there any particular issues that are common on that model? I ask because my brother in law just purchased a 2013 Malibu 22 MXZ. There is a common issue with surfgate electrical system that is well documented in the Malibu forums but he has had other electrical issues as well. I understand 2013 was the first year for surfgate but the other electrical issues were with interior lighting immediately blowing fuses when turned on. I just want to know if there is anything that I should pay particular attention to when I go test drive.
    Hi there, I have a 2013 OBV (about 50 hours on it now)... I've noticed my wake plate setting has changed a few times, but nothing major (didn't know there was a known issue until this thread, so actually thought my kids may have pushed the lever on me when I wasn't looking, again only happened a few times). My boat idles a little rough between 1200 and 1500 rpms for the first 10 minutes or so (maybe this is normal?). I'll have dealer check it out when I bring it out for the season in a few weeks... The only thing that really bothers me is my pumps seem to have a mind of their own. sometimes they work, usually I have to keep turning them on and off about 20 times to fill the one side. I always check them before putting the boat on boat lift as I have no confidence now that they have properly emptied. Also, what do you plan on using your boat for? If you're going to be mostly surfing I'd go a little bigger. I've added about 1500 pounds to my GIII setup (you'll end up upgrading sacs as well if you start surfing). We had never tried surfing and now that we have, we don't bother bringing the wake board or ski's out with us, surfing is all we do now... I've had no issues with the board racks coming loose. Quite the opposite actually, I find them too tight and have a hard time unlocking them. All that being said, I have had nothing major wrong with our boat (knock on wood). It's an awesome boat for our family!! Whichever you choose you're gonna love it!! Good luck!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Default New Boat Question

The ballast issue sounds like the settings for the timers - try to increase the fill times. I personally hate the timers on the ballast systems.
    2013 Outback V

With our new mojo I have run into the same issues. The sacs will fill sometimes in about 5 mins but then take like 10 mins to drain and then the next time they wont fill for like 8 mins. I have tried changing the timers with not much luck. Like costanza above I have had issues with the pumps appearing to just randomly cutting off and therefore don't trust when the gauges say they are empty. Just yesterday I let the center tank drain supposedly for about 10 mins and then put the boat on the trailer and flip the drain switch again to double check and sure enough still about half the water in the tank. Also have seen my swivel racks to be a little tight as well, but would rather that than coming loose. The only other issue I have seen is that by wake plate gauge is 180 deg from what it is supposed to read. Mine reads from 4-8 o'clock vs 10-2 o'clock like it is supposed to. Plate functions great, but the gauge seems to have gone a little haywire.

Other than a few minor issues that can be worked out the boat is aweso
    Rusty

2013 Mojo