Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedo Inop

Default Speedo Inop

So this weekend at the Texas jam my speedometer was stuck at 50+ mph. Never even wiggled....where do I start???

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Speedo Inop

Twist the knob under the dash?
    2013 Outback V

Default Speedo Inop

Tried that, nothing. The knob under my dash has never really done anything

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Speedo Inop

Is the paddlewheel stuck with junk from the cut? Is it just the analog one or is the PP stuck also?
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Don't give it so much gas.

Dun dun-dun dun....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Speedo Inop

Psh pp!!! Hahahaha. I ain't big time like that! I use Moomba cruise! It's just the analog speed gauge

Sent from my iPhone
    David

David I know when I had my Outback I had an issue with my speedo too. There is actually an electrical connection to it as well even though the gauges are analog.
    You can fiddle with the paddle wheel but my thoughts are the electrical harness might have a broken wire or wires?
    Rinkers would have to the know how???
    Good luck!

PS - Moving down that way on SUnday. Maybe one day we will get to meet and you can show me where we can play on the local waters? Will be fun once in a while to get the boat out and off the ski lake!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Default Speedo Inop

You are headed to like the south side of Houston right??

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Do you tow it at freeway speeds without removing or protecting the paddle wheel? I forgot about this issue (apparently they don't like to go over 55 mph) and cooked mine last year. I found the exact replacement on ebay for a reasonable price and replaced it myself. Slightly challenging in that I wanted to use the original connectors without adding additional splices to the wiring. I did it, but it took some work with an appropriate soldering tool.
    07 Outback V

Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

Default Speedo Inop

I've never heard of anyone needing to remove or "protect" the paddle wheel to tow their boat, that is just ridiculous IMO

Sent from my iPhone
    David