Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Can you or anyone else with this tower show me how you ran your speaker wire up the tower to your hlcd's? I am mainly focused on how you came from underneath the drivers helm up through the hull to your tower leg?

I just realized yesterday that the jump I did from the front leg at the fiberglass to the next section that allows the tower to fold down is NOT going to allow me to fold my tower down when needed. Now I really curious how this is accomplished. I am searching for a new house and I'm going to need to put the tower down with these damn standard 8ft tall doors. I'm screwed!!!

I'll take a pic when I get home so it will help explain what I am babbling about.
    With wires run an a harness already passing through the deck, a simple inline connector may be all thats needed in your case.

But depending on which tower you have, the front tower foot may be hollow. On the starboard side, fallow the anchor light harness. This exact routing can be duplicated on the port side for speaker wires.

Default Show off your tower setup

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    With wires run an a harness already passing through the deck, a simple inline connector may be all thats needed in your case.

But depending on which tower you have, the front tower foot may be hollow. On the starboard side, fallow the anchor light harness. This exact routing can be duplicated on the port side for speaker wires.
    Thanks MLA. This is precisely what I did. Maybe I can still fold it down, never tried but I'd be worried about pulling the wire. I have the rad-a-cage tower. Took some pics tonight.

Btw I am going to be coming up to see you this fall about that dual battery setup. Just need things to calm down a little and give me some time.

Port side
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377133195.780610.jpg

Starboard side (the black tubing is the nav light wiring on top of tower)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377133274.420400.jpg
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Based on the pics, it all looks good to go, so give it a dry run when you can and post back.

first i have some basic 6'' crap tackular towers.. then i replaced them with basic rockfords..
    old.jpg( day i picked her up)
    now brian hooked me up with 7's
    new.jpg
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Nothing on the tower to start
    than in 2009 I got a good deal on a stock roswell set up. w/ kicker 250.2 ampIMG_0473.jpg

This year i installed 4 rev10's and (2) Rockford Fosegate 1000.4d ampsIMG_0542[1].jpg
    2007 supra 21v

Wolff, set up looks fantastic, I bet it's just loud enough to hear while wakeboarding!
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

20130607_185832.jpg
    Sorry for the strikenly handsome guy in the pic,but thats all i got Pair of Exile XM 9's with a Harpoon pushing them, Love em.

Default Show off your tower setup

My 4 Rev 8's powered by a Harpoon.

Sent from my work phone
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

Well, I'm not quite in the Big Leagues that you guys are... I had to go with a more "middle ground" solution as I just didn't have the cash to throw down a big name tower speaker brand.

I did however, step up to the Compression horn technology and got a pair of 8" Bazooka Compression Horn Tubbies. I have them powered off a Phoenix gold Ryval V1502 amplifier (4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan, which is exactly what my tubbies are spec'd at RMS) I was able to get the tubbies new off ebay for $166 and the amp new online for $146. So, amp and HLCD 8" tower speakers for $300ish is a pretty damn good value if you ask me.

I picked up a tower light bar with 5 lights and the tower clamps used for $75 shipped off wake world. So I thought that was a cool addition.

I have blue LED strip lights that I've got on the tower speakers that I'll try to get pics of this evening or soon...

I also have the black sunbrella bimini that goes with all that, but it was folded down under the cover because we had the dreaded Ra** word last night. UGH!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Nighttime tower shot...

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com