Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Attached are a couple pictures from surfing last weekend in our 2006 21v. It was our first attempt. This is with the 750 rear locker full, center half full, and wake plate at 50%. Nothing on the opposite side or in the bow. We also had 4 people in the boat. I found that at 11, the wake had plenty of push and we were able to stay in the pocket fairly easy. However, if the speed dropped below 10, it turned into complete wash. I need to upgrade my PP system to the drive by wire, so fluctuating speed is a problem right now.

I definitely don't think it's the best surf wake out there based on some of the videos I've seen, but plenty for us with just the installed bags. We haven't tried adding any extra weight, although I'm considering the 1,100 bag for the rear locker and maybe keeping an extra 400 to move around if necessary.

Surf 2.jpgSurf.jpg

Your wave makes me want to buy 750's for both of my rear lockers hahahaha, who has some for sale?
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

Go for it! I've even thought of getting 2 of the 1100 gravity games center sacs for the rear lockers. I just don't think the 1100 surf sacs would fit all that well based on how my 750s don't quite fill all the way but that extra 300 pounds makes a big difference in cleaning up the wake if you don't have a few people to sit on the surf side.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I'm not sure if our storage compartments are the same size or not as mine is a little older, but the 750 I stuck in mine seems to fit pretty good and allows me to fill to capacity. I do wish I would have got the 1,100 though, just was afraid it might cause damage to the boat due to the size.

On my buddy's 06 21V, no way you would fit a 1100 surf sac in it. His 750 filled the entire locker. I don't see how there's any spare volume to fit any more than the 750 in there, but if there is it would be nice to know!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Surfing a Supra 21V - anybody have experience?

Yeah the 21 V hull is great for wakeboarding, which is what we do mostly but it would be nice to surf a little here and there. I definitely
    think we need a new board, the one we have is too small for a wake that is not good for surfing. It's a Slaysh. like 4 foot something. Very small, but a cool board. Especially since I'd like to try surfing with my 2 yr old daughter. Guess we'll just keep trying different configs out. I want to replace the stock 400's in the rear for 750's too.

I need an endless supply of money!!! too many hobbies!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Can not complain one bit about my wakeboarding wake. It is great.

Now surfing, I may be wrong but i feel the more i stack my boat the better the surf wake feels but sucks to drive.

we run the back 750 full, 1200 in the belly full,i have an extra 500 lb of steel weight around the front, if i have less than 5 people we add a 400 lb sack on the rear deck (looks goofy have the bag on the sun deck but works) (I also though about going to 1100's in the rear compartments but with the 750's i can put 1 life jacket on top of the sac and any more and the compartment door starts to open.)
    That might be it also i found the more i put in the back corner the better it does. if there is people sitting on the sun pad the wake is better than with them sitting in the seating area. can not do this to much we have a few warning for having people sitting on the sun deck.

we just started adding a 400 lb sac to the front to start adding more lenth to our wake and it seams to be working.

we start out at about 10.6 mph the more weight and people we add we have to speed up to clean the wake up fully load we seem to be more around 11.2.

I know it is not the best surf wake but i feel it is decent. We been having timing compations without the rope and we will go a good 4 to 5 minutes. Could be longer but the longer we ride the more adventursome we get.

The only other thing i notice that realy affects it is the lake depth. if it is less than 8 feet my wake sucks.
    2007 supra 21v

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post
    The only other thing i notice that realy affects it is the lake depth. if it is less than 8 feet my wake sucks.
    If it's less than 8 feet everyone's wake is horrible. It just flattens out to nothing. There's nowhere for displaced water to go. Gotta find the deep stuff.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default 08 supra 21v surf wake

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    I would love to see what people say because I have an '08 21V and agree surfing on it is terrible. I haven't spent much time trying to fine tune it but I am very interested if anyone has thoughts.
    Hi. My '08 21v has an awesome surf wake. I replaced the stock left rear ballast with an 1100lb bag. 1100 in center locker. 750lb on left rear seat. 400lbs on rear seat or put in floor and 400lb front playpen on left side. This gives me a TALL and long wake. But very tall. Def harder to learn on a taller wake for newbies and makes it challenging to start from the platform but I can. I'm only 116lbs though and I'm riding an inland surfer 4'3. Having said that I have taught many guys to ride ropeless behind my boat. I ride 10.8 speed and the guys ride around 11.2 on my boat. The bags do push the engine compartment walls in but wake makers makes reinforcement bars for this. Also be sure to have a good prop. Wake makers can help you with this. Also wake plate at 100%. With people on boat I might have to go to 50% or even add a bit of weight to right rear. Just play with it. Wake changes with weight, wind or busy lake water and adjustments are needed. Good learning.

Quote Originally Posted by cinmegpey View Post
    Hi. My '08 21v has an awesome surf wake. I replaced the stock left rear ballast with an 1100lb bag. 1100 in center locker. 750lb on left rear seat. 400lbs on rear seat or put in floor and 400lb front playpen on left side. This gives me a TALL and long wake. But very tall. Def harder to learn on a taller wake for newbies and makes it challenging to start from the platform but I can. I'm only 116lbs though and I'm riding an inland surfer 4'3. Having said that I have taught many guys to ride ropeless behind my boat. I ride 10.8 speed and the guys ride around 11.2 on my boat. The bags do push the engine compartment walls in but wake makers makes reinforcement bars for this. Also be sure to have a good prop. Wake makers can help you with this. Also wake plate at 100%. With people on boat I might have to go to 50% or even add a bit of weight to right rear. Just play with it. Wake changes with weight, wind or busy lake water and adjustments are needed. Good learning.
    All good advise,

For the newer riders I will put my wake plat all the way down so it flattens the wake and also sometimes lower my ballast level to knock my surf down.

I personally am not a fan of swim deck starts as its illegal in most areas, also people should learn deep water starts as when they ride other boats, those owners may not like swim deck starts and this is a dis-service to a rider only knowing how to start off a swim deck.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]