Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: can you surf with a single ballast on 2006 LSV?

Quote Originally Posted by smileycvc View Post
    With the wake plate down 1/4 (or up depending on how you look at it)
    What do you mean depending on how you look at it? Lol it's either up or down...

I ride with my plate all the way up, which correlates to the bow riding high and stern dropping low. This makes the steepest wake, which I like. As I put the wakeplate down it mellows the lip out and makes it not as steep, but it's still as big of a wake. Pocket might get a little longer. I put the plate about halfway for beginners and even my wife, the wake is very intimidating when at it's steepest.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    What do you mean depending on how you look at it? Lol it's either up or down...
    Well if there were no plate at all, the boat would ride like when the plate is all the way up. So some people think of this as the "neutral" position and all measurements are "down" from this point. So down 1/4, and up 3/4 are the same thing.

Ohhh never thought of it that way, but makes sense

Sent from my piece of crap Galaxy SII that Sprint won't replace...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Well if there were no plate at all, the boat would ride like when the plate is all the way up. So some people think of this as the "neutral" position and all measurements are "down" from this point. So down 1/4, and up 3/4 are the same thing.
    This. Compared to our old boat it's kind of opposite and we haven't gotten used to it.