Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i would see getting the gravity one system now as a advantage, clean slate to start with. 3 reversibles, mount the switch's up higher, correct sized bags in the rear, ibs in the front and its a surfing machine.

does it have a wake plate? if not look into adding one too as this will help fine tune the wake shape
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I also have the 2006 LSV. 6'2" 190. Connect your ski locker bag to an IBS. Often times I also add a sack in between or on the surfside front seats. Add as much weight as possible to the lockers. I surf goofy and have the 1450 that runs under seats. With that, you can surf all day long without a rope.
    DDNorCal
    2019 Supra 450 SL, 1,000 lb lead and 3145 prop
    Sold - 2006 LSV 3430 Ballast, 1847 Prop, all around great boat

driving in a slight turn to the surf side helped keep my wake clean when I didn't have enough weight. but now that it was said it doesn't, it probably won't work anymore

You guys need to educate me on "IBS". That is a new acronym for me. Still a newbie.

I hopefully will be going to look at this boat in the next few days and take it for a test drive. Anything to pay particular attention to on a 2006 LSV? Common problems, etc. Boat has about 200 hours on it.

Someone asked, it does have a wakeplate with the dual actuators.

Do you guys trust the NADA boat values? From the research that I have done, it seems like most Moombas are selling about 10% above the NADA numbers. I guess that I shouldn't say selling, but listed 10% above NADA even by private sellers.

Integrated Bow Sac (fat sac that goes under the seats in the bow).

Private seller or dealer? Asking price? There are couple of great 2006+ LSVs out there for sale right now (see the 2007 in the classifieds here...)

Well, no matter what you paid, when the new ones are over $50k it's hard to accept less than $35-37k for yours when it's just a couple years old.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claytorman View Post
    You guys need to educate me on "IBS". That is a new acronym for me. Still a newbie.

I hopefully will be going to look at this boat in the next few days and take it for a test drive. Anything to pay particular attention to on a 2006 LSV? Common problems, etc. Boat has about 200 hours on it.

Someone asked, it does have a wakeplate with the dual actuators.

Do you guys trust the NADA boat values? From the research that I have done, it seems like most Moombas are selling about 10% above the NADA numbers. I guess that I shouldn't say selling, but listed 10% above NADA even by private sellers.
    I have about 450 hours on mine, here are the problems I've had so far:
    trailer axle failure (this one sidelined me the longest as it was stuck half way out my garage, but at least didn't happen on side of road) - several on the forum have had this happen
    MAP sensor failure - presented like what most people are having issues with in vapor lock, but for me its the MAP sensor, not a big deal I just carry a spare
    Ignition switch failure - pretty strange one there, but easy enough.

In all, main expenses for this boat have been gas, maintenance (which isn't hard to do yourself), and toys (boards, tubes, ropes, jackets, stereo). Seat vinyl is starting to crack a lot more this year, think there will be some work there in the near future.

Enjoy, still love mine even though I don't get to play as often as I like.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

I just paid $28k for mine a few months ago with 180 hours. I think it was a pretty killer deal though. No problems at all yet except my perfect pass screen was extremely dim 4th of July weekend, seems to be fine now though.

I already upgraded the left rear (regular surf side) to a 1100 and right rear to a 650 (goofy side). The wake is killer with just one rear bag full and the front ski locker full (400lb like the boat you're looking at). You'll definitely want to add bags to the rear lockers, and I suggest going with 1100 at least on whichever side you usually ride. I just had a goofy rider on my boat the first time 2 days ago, and with just the 650 (and driver) on that side (front still full) it was a great surf wake (I think due to LH rotation the goofy side is easier to make a good wake on since the prop rotation slightly helps list the boat to the right). I don't have an IBS yet, but I think it would beneit me mostly for wakeboarding...I don't think it's necessary for wakesurfing (albeit beneficial I'm sure). You don't have to plumb it in to start, just buy a Tsunami pump and fill it manually. You'll get sick of that pretty quick though, plumbed ballast was my main purpose for upgrading boats.

2 things about what other people said...it should be obvious, but it's not smart to have your buddy hang off the side of the boat holding on to the tower to get the boat to list to the surf side. Granted we've all done dumb things, but if DNR or sheriff sees that it'll definitely be a ticket. Better off having them sit on the back corner with feet on platform, again that is still illegal (in MI) but is at least not quite as dumb and obviously illegal, as well as probably more beneficial for the wake.

I have seen people driving in circles toward the surf side, and I know it looks like a bigger wake sometimes, but it's not a good wake. When surfing, a straight line is best to get the proper wake shape with a deep trough and a sharp curl. When turning, it actually makes the wake angle more shallow and pretty much washes out the lip. Sure it's surf-able, I stay on wake while the driver turns the boat around when I'm riding, but it's not a good wake. I turned slightly to the left with my old Supra when I first started surfing about 7 years ago, but I didn't know any better. Once I learned to properly weight my boat, I no longer needed to and the wake became signifantly easier to surf.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I have a 2007 Mobius and I guess I have the G1 system. How much weight is that sac in the ski locker? We run 450 in the bow, the sack in the locker full and then a 650 in the rear on the surf side. With the wake plate down 1/4 (or up depending on how you look at it) we are able to surf no problem. Puts out a nice long clean wave.

The sack in the center is a 400.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!