Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Windshield Shattered

A few that were out the TX Jam know but on my way to Trinity only about 50 miles i look back in mirror and noticed Port side glass shattered. I have been in or around boats my whole life and it has never happened to us, i have heard about it happening but rarely. Wife and I spent 3 hours and $12 at the local car wash vacuuming glass out of everywhere and i mean everywhere. It actually scratched the gel coat around the windshield area pretty bad.

I got a quote from dealer today to replace just one side and it is over $1600. Anybody know of any other options to get glass for a boat?
    2008 22SSV Worlds

chawk610 ??
    You're the glass man
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

we met you at the turn in to bethy creek (blue/black Moomba) and was checking in at the same time.
    I wanted to ask but I could tell you were still pretty hot. we felt so bad for you. I cant imagine the pit of the stomach feeling that must have induced. glad you guys still made the most of the weekend.
    you guys definatly took the hardship award.
    I hope you guys can get it all fixed and for a fair price.
    good luck!

we could not tell we thought that one side had no glass but we where not sure at all

Your deductible will be eaten up at any price so go with the one that can get it done soon and get it done right.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Tempered glass is very expensive when it is curved.

I would bet money that there are other boat models with that exact piece of glass.

Maybe the manufacturer (pcw??) could tell you what boats use the same one and you can find one used?
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

I would consider an insurance claim.
    2013 Outback V

If it happened while on the trailer the entire rig should be covered under your auto insurance. That is the story that Progressive, Geico, and USAA have told me from day one, though I've never had to put in a claim for a trailered object. Best of luck, let us know how it turns out!
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    If it happened while on the trailer the entire rig should be covered under your auto insurance. That is the story that Progressive, Geico, and USAA have told me from day one, though I've never had to put in a claim for a trailered object. Best of luck, let us know how it turns out!
    It depends on the scenario. It would if the tow vehicle was the cause of the damage such as a car accident while trailering. If it is caused by anything else then the boat insurance would be in effect. Perhaps a rock from the tow vehicle tires could have broke the window. I would look at which has the lower deductible and conjure up a story accordingly. Interestingly, if you have an accident while towing and the rig and trailer become detached then the damage would fall under the boat insurance.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

When I was towing my boat and slid on ice into a tree it was the boat insurance that covered me, not car.

I bet state insurance laws determine that one...
    2013 Outback V