Default Instructions on replacing moomba steering cable

The teleflex SSC15418 is the correct model number cable for my 2005 moomba lsv. As far as the install: Yes, A guy on the forum I talked with sent me this and figured I would share. I have been begging on the forum for someone to put it up as a sticky. Here is a link to the PDF with instructions.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Ku...29Ga0ozLXVIdGc

On the LSV's the entire floor comes up with the drivers seat still attached. There is 10 screws in the floor and 3 on each side under the seats that angle into the floor(DON"T FORGET THESE!!) The floor should come up easily, don't force it. You might have to remove the U shaped carpet piece above your V-Drive, but its easy. Make sure you turn your wheel all the way left before disconnecting the old cable from the rudder and tie a rope on the end before you pull the old one through. This makes it easy to tie to the new cable and pull it back through. There is like 3-4feet under the steering wheel that the cable runs you can't see or get to so the rope trick helps a lot! Also on your new cable grease it really good before you install it to the rudder. You can push it in and out several times regreasing with a marine grade grease. It will help the long term life of the new cable. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues. Hope this helps!

Reference Pics:
    https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=135
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

This should be very helpful. Nice and thorough with lots of pics.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ha - I thought that hairy arm looked familiar. (SHUT IT you wise crackers!)

Here's a direct link/cleaner version of that Google Doc if you don't want to go looking - link will not move since the website is mine.

http://www.waketrader.net/pdf/Boat-S...eplacement.pdf

This was from my 2001 - so the floor layout will definitely be different on others but the basic cable routing and hookups should be the same.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Instructions on replacing moomba steering cable

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ha - I thought that hairy arm looked familiar. (SHUT IT you wise crackers!)

Here's a direct link/cleaner version of that Google Doc if you don't want to go looking - link will not move since the website is mine.

http://www.waketrader.net/pdf/Boat-S...eplacement.pdf

This was from my 2001 - so the floor layout will definitely be different on others but the basic cable routing and hookups should be the same.
    Yes, great write up! I'm so glad it finally became a sticky! Very helpful a d informative. I also spoke with JesseC and he went through everything with me also.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

I just did mine yesterday and these instructions were very helpful.. To add some notes:

I have a 2005 Outback LSV, and removing the floor was easy, it comes up with a bunch of screws you can see in the floor, and 4 into the side of the floor located in the storage wells under both of the rear side seat cushions. I also removed the carpet behind the rear seat (2 screws). On my boat the captains chair comes out with the floor. If you have a subwoofer mounted in the floor panel in the drivers footwell, remove it as well and it makes the job very easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrodau View Post
    Yes, great write up! I'm so glad it finally became a sticky! Very helpful a d informative. I also spoke with JesseC and he went through everything with me also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrodau View Post
    The teleflex SSC15418 is the correct model number cable for my 2005 moomba lsv. As far as the install: Yes, A guy on the forum I talked with sent me this and figured I would share. I have been begging on the forum for someone to put it up as a sticky. Here is a link to the PDF with instructions.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Ku...29Ga0ozLXVIdGc

On the LSV's the entire floor comes up with the drivers seat still attached. There is 10 screws in the floor and 3 on each side under the seats that angle into the floor(DON"T FORGET THESE!!) The floor should come up easily, don't force it. You might have to remove the U shaped carpet piece above your V-Drive, but its easy. Make sure you turn your wheel all the way left before disconnecting the old cable from the rudder and tie a rope on the end before you pull the old one through. This makes it easy to tie to the new cable and pull it back through. There is like 3-4feet under the steering wheel that the cable runs you can't see or get to so the rope trick helps a lot! Also on your new cable grease it really good before you install it to the rudder. You can push it in and out several times regreasing with a marine grade grease. It will help the long term life of the new cable. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues. Hope this helps!

Reference Pics:
    https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=135
    I need to do this on my 2005 outback. All the photo links are dead, any chance you still have them somewhere and could repost?