Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Mojo info?

Default Any Mojo info?

I am looking at buying my first inboard. I am Looking at 2012 Mojo 2.5. I have family with 3 kids 4-11. Want a boat to surf and teach kids to wakeboard. How does Mojo handle chop. Anyone have regrets with Mojo? Any problems? Any info is helpfull on such big purchase.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Any Mojo info?

Awesome boat, but it will need another$800 in ballast to make it surf able.
    2013 MOJO

�� What he said
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Default Any Mojo info?

+3. Get the 345hp motor for surfing

It handles fantastic in the chop. We just got ours three weeks ago, moved up from a 2007 Bayliner 185. You can easily run across a choppy lake at ~30 MPH... something I never did in our 'liner.

We've not had the chance to surf yet but the wake is fantastic for wakeboarding.

You'll be amazed at how much room the boat has as well

As Drew mentioned, opt for the 345HP... it's amazing and I'm pretty sure it's bullet proof.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default Any Mojo info?

Great boat and you will not regret it!!!
    My wife and I were shopping g around for several weeks bouncing between different boat types and manufacturers. (Pontoon, runabout, inboard) with everyone telling us their boars was the best. Friends of ours bought a different type (runabout) and has a difficult time pulling skiers and even getting on plane with full boat. We bought the Mojo 2.5 with the 345 and I have not had a minutes trouble pulling anyone on skis...A couple of us are 250 plus and it will pop us up out of the water.
    For a family with kids (dad can I bring little Johnny to the lake with us?) you want the room of the mojo.

2013 Mojo
    5.7 Assault 345
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    5.7 Assault 345

Our Mojo has been great. Definately upgrade the ballast, Motor if you really think you need it. I bought the stock 335

Now here is our surf set up.
    1100 startboard side 450 on top of it about 3/4 full
    center ballast tank full
    450 across the bow
    450on the starboard bow seat

boat surfs great at 10.5-11 mph

we have been please with the boat. Tons of storage and handles great. Get the IBS in it as eliminate the ballast on the seats. you will love it.
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

I am on the market for an inboard and am new to the inboard seen. I have narrowed it down to a Mondo, Mojo, or a Tige R20. My wife and I really like the space of Mojo, but the only way we are going to be able to get into one is to get a 2013 and she doesn't like any of colors of the 2013's I can find with the 345 in it. I have found one in NC and one in IN with the 345 but as I said she isn't crazy about the color schemes.

I am curious as to how necessary the 345 is. I plan to surf and board behind it, but I enjoy surfing a lot more and am a larger guy.

Also, what is yall's thoughts on the three boats I have narrowed it down too. I know I am looking at two different length categories, but I really like the extra room of the mojo, but like mentioned above have concerns after researching the engine options.

Quote Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
    I am on the market for an inboard and am new to the inboard seen. I have narrowed it down to a Mondo, Mojo, or a Tige R20. My wife and I really like the space of Mojo, but the only way we are going to be able to get into one is to get a 2013 and she doesn't like any of colors of the 2013's I can find with the 345 in it. I have found one in NC and one in IN with the 345 but as I said she isn't crazy about the color schemes.

I am curious as to how necessary the 345 is. I plan to surf and board behind it, but I enjoy surfing a lot more and am a larger guy.

Also, what is yall's thoughts on the three boats I have narrowed it down too. I know I am looking at two different length categories, but I really like the extra room of the mojo, but like mentioned above have concerns after researching the engine options.
    R20 = tiny
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

If color os what she is worried about, have one built to your specs. We had ours built and ordered lots of upgrades and have truly been happy with it. There is a ton of space in this boat. The thing is, i likes weight and the stock motor pushes it fine so far. We normally have 7-9 people on the boat and it has no issues to get on plane. Wake- 1100 each side in the rear, center tank full and 2-3 people up front. Thing has a nice shape for wakeboarding and about 1/4-1/2 on the plate.
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED