Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Surf the MONDO?

I have to agree with RD on his last post. It makes more sense.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Totally new question. Is the plug and play ballast the same as previous years. In other words will I be able to take my 750 lb sacks and plug them right into the Mondo if I go test drive one? We are possibly thinking about downsizing our boat due to a recent lake house purchase and don't need our huge XLV.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Default Surf the MONDO?

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    And how many of those under 35 are ready to drop a down payment on a $60k inboard? I know a bunch of 40 somethings looking to switch to an inboard in the next 2 years....for surfing. Your perspective depends on the people you hang and don't hang with on a regular basis. David I have no idea how old you are, but you sound like a young guy (20-30) who runs with a young crew who loves wakeboarding, more power to you buddy. At 42 I wakeboard allot less and surf allot more mainly because Monday morning just doesn't hurt as much that way.

The fact as some have stated is pocket book. I worked a boat show last year and the buying demographics was mid 30's and later. The mid-20 crowd comes and looks but just doesn't normally plunk the money down, but you see a husband and wife about mid-30's or later walk up and start talking pricing/options and you are definitely thinking cha-ching.
    Of the three people under 35 that I mentioned two of them are current supra owners and one is a Moomba owner and they all have the ability to drop a down payment on a 60k boat. Just for reference I am 26. I'm not trying to say there is no market for surf boats, I would love to see Moomba make a model geared toward surfing primarily and one toward wakeboarding primarily

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Hey guys, let's settle down. Some of us are kidding, and some may not be. Let's get back to the subject, and that is surfing this cool new boat that anyone 16 to 90 years old can buy if they have the cash.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I'm 31. I bought my Mojo to cover all of the bases... wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, knee boarding and surfing (have not bought a board yet). It does it all... better than my Bayliner. The Mondo looks like a solid boat, surf looks decent from the intro vid. Fact is, my skill at any of the above watersports will likely never outmatch the ability of my boat... or of the Mondo. I think many of us could probably say the same if we're honest... or we'd be sponsored
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

We are settled down Joe, I wasn't trying to be inflammatory toward anyone of any age, David's response didn't seem reactionary to an inflammatory post. If I offended anyone, I am sorry, wasn't my intention. I was just trying to say that statistically, expensive luxury purchases whether it be boats, cars, planes, or whatever, the market is typically the older, financially established couple.

I wasn't kidding about the hurting on Monday though....

And Joe is absolutely correct, focus everyone, he's going to go surf one, and Drew has 5 more days before he can do it for us also (Not that I'm counting).

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    I was just trying to say that statistically, expensive luxury purchases whether it be boats, cars, planes, or whatever, the market is typically the older, financially established couple.
    Trace, here ya go again... I'm not married and I agree, no harm no foul in this thread.

I hope that atl marine lets drew put in more than the factory ballast. we all know that it's going to take some weight to sink that freeboard. what would be perfect would be a pair of 750's in the rear lockers and shots of both waves and a wakeboard wave. this boat was getting quite a bit of attention on ww for a while, but seems to have subsided. new shots of what we all believe it is capable of would really stir up some buzz especially since they are showing up in dealers. if I had to find a negative, it's that most at this late stage of the game will probably hold off on purchasing until late feb/early mar. I ski with a guy that has mondo on the short list and he's waiting as he feels the deals will be just as good or better at the boat show. wish there were some "early" deals to get a few of these out on the water and some family shots going around the interwebs..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I agree. If they had fall incentives, the new Mondo would be in my driveway now. Oh well, I will just wait till January when everything up here is covered in ice.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Maybe Rick T needs to enact a "moomba forums" discount for any early purchases of a new model I bet there would be half-dozen already in circulation with pics across the interwebs..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Maybe Rick T needs to enact a "moomba forums" discount for any early purchases of a new model I bet there would be half-dozen already in circulation with pics across the interwebs..
    I second the motion. Please help us out Rick!
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon