Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf the MONDO?

Default Surf the MONDO?

Hi all, new guy here. I've been watching MOOMBA for years, almost bought an OBV in '08, but the local dealer was absolute crap, ended up in something else. We've been surfing the crap out of what we have, but it's just too limited. We need something more purpose built for it. I'm really excited about the new MONDO, sounds like it will fit in my garage, doesn't cost as much as a house, has an incredible interior, one of the best I've seen from Moomba.

Just like the title says, I'm wondering if any of the mere mortals on the forum have had a shot at surfing the MONDO yet. So far all I've seen are the flickr photos and the promo vid, anybody here seen one in the wild up close and personal?

Thanks all.
    Trace

Default Surf the MONDO?

The first one off the factory floor is in Texas for the Texas jam. It came in late so they were not able to prep it to put it in the water but it sure looks nice.

Thanks Cactus, I dug around and found pictures for that one, it's gorgeous. Maybe when he gets a minute Drew can chime in, somebody intimated he might have had a surf session behind a Mondo. Here's hoping anyway.

Anybody surf this thing yet, we need pics!!!

I have. Really enjoyed it but I thought it needed more weight than the factory 400's in the rear (I would want at least 750's in the rear). We only had stock ballast (1300 pounds) and 3 people including the driver so we were limited on weight. The freeboard is so deep and the storage is massive so I know that properly weighted it will be a monster.

Anybody else see one of these in the water with pictures of the wake? We are seeing them show up at the dealers across the country, somebody's got to be taking a demo ride. If I had a dealer near me, I'd be all over it, but so far the closest Moomba dealer I've found is about 5 hours away and they don't have any stock....

one will be arriving at Atlanta Marine in 9 days and I plan to demo it (if they will let me)

I hope they do let you demo it Drew. You know what kind of info we are looking for about surfing this boat.

(listjack, sorry) anyone know when SC is gonna look at any of the tech around using boat structure for wakes instead of just the weight? We went on a malibu with a surf gate and it was really nice.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
    (listjack, sorry) anyone know when SC is gonna look at any of the tech around using boat structure for wakes instead of just the weight? We went on a malibu with a surf gate and it was really nice.
    I'm sure they are, but what?

What did you like about the Malibu wave? Did you ride it? I spent 2 solid days behind one and it was "mushy" at best. Fine if you're just wanting to cruise along and have a beer, but not so much if you want to surf. NSS is a little better, but produces a wave with a funny trough in it and at Nationals, the boat had to have 900 lbs in the bow to make it decent.