Threaded View

Default Learning Slalom Deep Water Starts (two feet in)

I've watched and helped many people learn to do deep water starts, two feet in.

A few years back I quit Slalom skiing as I could no longer get up. After some encouragement from friends our aged ~40 to 50 group have slowly perfected the start. The key for me was a slow constant throttle start, that was not so fast it pulled the rope out of your hands but accelerating fast enough you did not have to survive for long before getting up. Maybe I should be at the gym more often too.

So what are your stories and experience at teaching all ages, weights, etc.
    If there is some discussion and examples I will share more of my experience at teaching.

What about the psychology of teaching those that need confidence; both children and adults alike too?

Thanks

PS I swear that I change which foot I put forward every season as I stand there on the swim grid every time guessing, I might have to get a tattoo to mark it. Some say fall forward and see which leg comes out to stop you. I'm right handed and have my right foot forward this year. I snowboard and wakesurf regular. Some things I've read say your dominant leg should be in the back boot?
    Last edited by Koocanusa_eh; 08-10-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    1969 Larsen 65 Merc
    1981 Ski Nautique / 351 Ford
    2008 Moomba Outback