Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I am going to stick with the bilge pump switch that doesn't have any moving parts.

I found some submersible lights which are kinda pricey but they are rated as ip68 (the IP68 rating must always be better than the IP67 rating, that means that the instrument may be submersed for at least one meter ~3')

I might just order one set of red, one of blue and one white and see what they look like in the water on the trailer.

I am pretty sure that I will use white on the pontoon trailer, but the boat trailer is red and I may go with either the red or the blue?????
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Eric,

Those lights are waterproof, but will not last. The silicone encapsulation is not very robust. Also, you would have to attach a retainer every foot or so as the adhesive on the back will not last more then a few weeks in that application.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Eric,

Those lights are waterproof, but will not last. The silicone encapsulation is not very robust. Also, you would have to attach a retainer every foot or so as the adhesive on the back will not last more then a few weeks in that application.
    Mike,

That sucks.

You are supposed to post only GOOD posts!!! Not kill my hopes and dreams! (kinda crappy dreams, huh?)

I was going to use a different 3M tape that I have from some R&D work I did a few years back that I know will work as it passed the 500 hour salt spray test among other tests

Any suggestions on appropriate LED strips? I would have thought a meter IP68 strip would work.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Mike,

That sucks.

You are supposed to post only GOOD posts!!! Not kill my hopes and dreams! (kinda crappy dreams, huh?)

I was going to use a different 3M tape that I have from some R&D work I did a few years back that I know will work as it passed the 500 hour salt spray test among other tests

Any suggestions on appropriate LED strips? I would have thought a meter IP68 strip would work.
    You are best to go with an LED strip thats rigid as opposed to a flexible strip. 3M body side molding adhesive will hold up much better then the thin layer of adhesive that comes on the back of those strips. But, did you look at the Boatmate Trailer Kit? They use a flush-mount LED pod. They only offer white, but I have found a source for the same lights in other colors.

This kit is going to be a job to do as it will require drilling a hole for each LED, but they are solid lights.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You are best to go with an LED strip thats rigid as opposed to a flexible strip...
    Any suggestions?

...But, did you look at the Boatmate Trailer Kit? They use a flush-mount LED pod. They only offer white, but I have found a source for the same lights in other colors.

This kit is going to be a job to do as it will require drilling a hole for each LED, but they are solid lights.
    Yeah, I did check out the Boatmate kit, just wasn't too keen on drilling a bunch of holes in my trailer. There has to some decent LED strips out there - maybe I should make my own and put China out of business??

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    maybe I should make my own and put China out of business??
    HAHA.. just came across these while looking for lights.. probly be handy also

http://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/Pip...oles_p_13.html
    07 Gravity Games Edition XLV
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Tow Rig-12' F150 Ecoboost-leveled/intake

I have runway LEDS on my trailer, and to this day i have not got them to work properly.

I had a thread a while back on this due to voltage issue with my trailer, Nothing has ever came of it from the dealer. I think i might look into the Boat Mate kit or something..

If you get something that works id be interested.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]