Default Bent Wake Plate - 2013 Moomba Mojo

So, I just got my Mojo a few weeks ago. After we used it for the first weekend, we left it at the dealer to get a few options added and a few minor defects taken care of. When I picked it up this past weekend I found this....

Rear.jpgSide 2.jpgSide1.jpg

I told the dealer about it and took these pictures. They assured me they'd take care of it so I left it with them again this week after we'd used it for the weekend (actually ran pretty well considering how bent it was, I just added a bit of ballast to one side to even things out).

The concern I have is that the repair method used was to straighten it rather than replace it. I'm not sure how it was actually straightened (removed from boat or note, heat applied, etc.) but I'm certainly concerned about it meeting original specifications (dimmensions and material properties).

Shouldn't I be concerned? This was damaged while in the care of my dealer.... one week old boat which I paid nearly $70k for all said and done...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Hard to say without knowing how it was repaired, and only your dealer can answer that. Give them a call - they need to make sure it is fixed right.

I wouldn't take it home until they:

1) explain how the heck they bent it up like that
    2) replaced with a new one

^this......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've expressed my concern with the repair vs replacement. I'm awaiting a response. If they knew how it happened, I would have hoped they'd have let me know rather then letting me find it. It was put into and out of the water as well as buildings while they had it... I'd imagine they'd backed into something.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

if you think they backed into something, be sure to check the swim platform, trailer and rudder. If they refuse to replace with new, contact [email protected]

F'ing up a new boat and doing some mickey mouse repair just isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    if you think they backed into something, be sure to check the swim platform, trailer and rudder. If they refuse to replace with new, contact [email protected]

F'ing up a new boat and doing some mickey mouse repair just isn't right.
    I agree completely, it isn't right. I didn't see damage on the swim platform or trailer. I didn't look too closely at the rudder but I didn't notice anything and it seemed to operate fine.

I'm giving the dealer a chance to make things right. If they don't I certainly won't hesitate to contact SC.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

looks like it got backed into something---simple replacement, and thats what the repair should be as it only needs the plate replaced
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    ...Shouldn't I be concerned? This was damaged while in the care of my dealer.... one week old boat which I paid nearly $70k for all said and done...
    One week old?? I don't care if you paid $20k for it
    • Hell Yes you should be concerned!
    • They should have called you, let you know what happened and told you how they were going to REPLACE it.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.