Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Aluminum Wake Boat

Anyone seen one of the new Pavati boats in their area? Looks like a really cool boat!Here is a link to their website.

http://www.pavati.com/wake_boarding_boat/

Think its on the fugly side.

racks are to low and the tower base is to wide--blocking to much side vision
    sides look unprotected from dock rash too
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

They look pretty sick to me, I would love to see one in person and ride behind one. I'm definitely still a used boat buyer though, so pretty sure I couldn't afford to own one for about 6 or 7 years if they're just coming on the market now lol!
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Never seen one in person. Always thought it was a neat concept. I would think it would be much easier to repair any hull damage, and the thing would last forever!

It's a bit fugly, but cool at the same time.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

That front end sure would hurt to get poked by...
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by sicktc06 View Post
    That front end sure would hurt to get poked by...
    That's what she said

got to surf it in oct last year. it was a way cool boat. imagine being able to run your wakeboard boat up on the beach, complete with rocks and not care

boat was a wakeboard machine from what I heard, but from a surfing standpoint, every time we stopped to pick up a rider, the wave would wash up against the "rodeo chair" and the bilge pumps(2) could not keep up(you can lift that chair up for complete front of engine access. cool for self service). tons of cool features and with a few tweaks, will be a solid boat. you think the g23/25 has storage, the freeboard on that boat is massive and the first time it came around to pick me up, it's quite intimidating from the water level..
    search out the polar bear event put on by Wake9 and you'll see vids of it surfing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I often question the Moomba brand in their name selection (if they sounded cooler maybe folks wouldn't buy a supra?).

When I read "Pavati", the last thing I think of is a sleek wakeboard boat...

So "Pavati" argues that aluminum is superior because it is lighter, yet their 22 footer weighs more than a Mojo...

Aluminum also corrodes, is louder than fiberglass when on the water (I spent a lot of time in an aluminum crew boat). It's more expensive than fiberglass to repair (by a factor of at least 5), it dents easily, heats up fast, cannot be bent into multiple compound curves, and the list goes on.

The boating market either buys boats based on brand reputation; or switches brands to get a better deal or innovation.

Unless someone thinks aluminum really is an innovation or really digs the looks, I doubt they sell many.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

I think aluminum in a wake boat is definitely an innovation, since nobody else has done it. I was doing some internet searching and this boat actually sounds pretty cool. Custom made to your preferences for $65k for the 21ft boat, if that number is realistic, seems like a good deal. I'm not sure if it will ever hang with the big boys, but I'd be willing to bet they will be pumping out a good number of boats in the next few years as word spreads. There's enough rich people that like unique things like this, and if the wake is really great then who knows where it might start showing up.

Innovative - yes
    Looks - Not really a great looking boat imo
    durability - I'd love to be able to beach it and tie up without worrying my ass off
    interior - not very plush, reminds me of a fishing boat but that's their roots so is makes sense
    slalom wake - ??
    wakeboard wake - ??
    surf wake - ??

verdict - never seen one in person let alone ride behind it. Still new so not many reviews out there on it. With a few more years under their belt and some tweaks here and there I think it could be a solid vessel and contender

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet