Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ballast continues to fill

I've had my 08 LSV for 5 summers and have ran into my first issue with ballast. My right ballast fills no matter what, I recently replaced the solenoid to no avail. Should I now replace the valve? Interestingly enough once I replaced the solenoid on the right side the left ballast wont fill.
    2008 LSV

Default Ballast continues to fill

I had a similar problem, but for me it was the front ballast. I changed the sprinkler valve and my problem went a way. I could finally the the front when I wanted to. When I pulled the old sprinkler valve out and I blow thru the value it was like there was no valve.
    Good luck
    David
    2007 Moomba LSV

Run a search on here on "sprinkler" or "sprinkler valve" and see what turns up. They are a little temperamental but you can deal with them. Run a search on "Irritrol" if you want a valve replacement that's a little better and a little higher flow. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I thought, I will change it out tomorrow. Thanks
    2008 LSV

I just replaced the valve, its as good as new.
    2008 LSV

I have the same problem but with the left ballast, fills no matter what. Have to constantly have pump running to empty it while the center and right fill....which takes forever. Doesn't the solenoid open/shut the valve? It would seem if the solenoid was "off" then the valve should not be open. I guess I need to try replacing the valve too.
    2008 Outback V

Yep, replace the valve. It's cheap and easy.
    2008 LSV

I was looking at switching to the higher flow valves but the cost to benefit didn't seem to add up. Are you seeing noticeable faster fill times with them?

I'm still using the stock valves but when I do an upgrade I will definitely go with individual pumps.
    2008 LSV

Can someone provide a link on how to replace a valve? I'm very limited when it comes to repairs but have the same issue that may center ballast always fills when moving or filling rear bags and only way to stop it is to turn of emergency main valve. From reading posts it appears I need to replace value but I don't know where to start. Any help would be great!