Default 2000 Outback not charging the battery?

Hey all,

I just picked up a 2000 Moomba Outback with only 208 hours. The boat is in fantastic shape - everything is 9.5/10 and minty-fresh! The dealership replaced the battery and took me for a lake test. The boat ran great! But the dashboard volt meter doesn't go or show anything above 13v. I figured it was at worst an alternator/rectifier and given the condition of the boat went and bought it none-the-less.

The boat is currently winterized so I cannot do much - except maybe take the alternator over to AutoZone/Advance for bench testing.

Do car auto parts sell a replacement alternator that will work with this Indmar Assault? Being a Checvy 350 base engine I figure it might be easy to find a replacement.

Thank you!

Why not have the original one rebuilt? Plenty of time to do it now if the boat is winterized.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You do not want an automotive alternator. Certainly plenty of time to have the current one rebuilt, but you really need to diagnose the issue. An analog helm gauge not showing over 13V means nothing to be honest. At the end of the sea trial, was there a symptom that indicated the new battery was low on voltage? Under normal conditions, pulling the alternator for bench testing would be done after a few tests are done on the boat while the alternator is still connected. Since the boat is winterized, you have a choice to make.

X2 MLA. Test the boat volt meter by putting a volt meter across the + and - to verify. My voltage doesn't go much above 13 volts when running and I'm lucky to have 12 volts when the accessories or stereo is running. When the subwoofer is running, the voltmeter is useless as the needle is all over the place.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I'm affraid see nice its winterized I don't want to start it. I'll probably just pull the alternator and take it to an auto parts store for bench testing it and then go from there. The v belt is original anyways so I'm wanting to replace it regardless. So one trip to Autozobe should do.

Remember to use only a marine approved alternator if you replace it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD