Default swim platform brackets through hull

I have a 02 Mobius lsv and just got new swim platform brackets and was trying to put the new ones on and cant get the top three bolts to tighten and noticed that they had some sort of caulk or epoxy that held the bracket to the hull as well as used to tighten the bolts as well. Was wondering what type of epoxy or caulk they used or what I could get that is just as good or better????

Thanks
    Justin Scott

If you think you will never have to take them out again you can epoxy them in with a two part epoxy such as Sea Going epoxy. It is available from Rex Marine, Glenwood, or Bergeron Engineering. If you think you may take them out again I would try SikaFlex. I have also used regular silicone to seal up bolts that are going through the hull, easy to remove but also least reliable and least permanent.

Brian

Thanks for the info!!

Justin

My suggestion is that you remove all the screws and epoxy the holes first and then re-drill each hole using a smaller diameter bit. Then re-install the screws w/ life caulk life seal. This way you can remove the screws in the future if needed.
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

I removed my tapped screws and installed bolts with a backing plate on the inside for added strength, then just silicone the bolts and you are set and don't have to worry about those screws getting loose.
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420