Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
I don't think the spilled water got much above the oil pan, given that the floor of the boat is even with the lower portion of the block. So I would think any excess water would just go up forward in the hull, right? As for a hard forward / reverse, I can ask my son (he was driving - I wasn't there), but before he emptied the bag, he was just surfing (10 - 11 mph), so I'm not sure that would really be considered a hard forward / reverse action? If the water DID come through the flappers / exhaust, would it be normal to have the water fill only two cylinders on each side? Would something like that trigger the "check engine" light, or do you think that is simply a by-product of it (and if so, what might THAT be)?

I have not had the intake off the boat. Up until Tuesday, everything was working perfect.
Water in the exhaust would likely trigger the O2 sensor malfunction code. This is a trigger for the check engine light.

Whichever exhaust pipes are the easiest for water to flow into would have water in the associated cylinders. I have never seen the internals of an Indmar manifold, but I would guess they are symmetrical.

If the two wet cylinders have the easiest flow path, it would make sense that only those two would be wet, and on both sides.

In the scenario I am using, the water would have to be coming in each exhaust port, at the same time. I cannot imagine any scenario that is more likely.