Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I noticed that Phil's ice chest stereo also had a mast and sail.

LOL! I've seen pictures of some of his "coolers" with masts. Very nice.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    I noticed that Phil's ice chest stereo also had a mast and sail.
    Hah! Actually on the current boat I am using a non-aftermarket amp we sell in the OEM world. 4.1, aka 5-channel with full DSP flashing via serial port and computer with proper program.
    It actually pulls a max of 30A, and only does 100W on the sub channel.

Still, as a sailor I am inherently aware of current draw. I can't fire up a V8 with a 110A alternator... So, with vehicles like sailboats, AND vehicles that only charge via magneto, we came to the market with our powersports line. We are talking efficiencies at speaker outputs bettering 92% when loaded properly. These things really do no need a heat sink; there is no heat

Phil, not sure if you saw my thread from back in June and my visit to Coronado. I got the sailing bug real bad. I'll have to drop in on you some time. Not to be an anti- sound system guy but I loved the quiet out there. Time and place for everything!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=boating
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Ice chest stereo

Hmm, maybe time to mod my scoot coolers.
    -Jake

Default Ice chest stereo

I may have some fitment issues.
    -Jake

Question....if i have a 400.4 thats 50wattsx4 at 4ohm. Is it possible to only use 2 channels and wire it at 2ohm in order to get 200x2? 4 speakers might be overkill but this first attempt is going to be just experimental.

MLA-how do you plan on having an access point in the acrylic that still maintains its ability to withstand water/ice? How thick of acryllic are you using?
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Fresh,

No. To get that 200x2, you will need to use all 4 chnls and run the amp in chnl mode. A typical 4 chnl amp can be run in 2 chnl mode by bridging chnls 1 and 2 with a speaker and 3 and 4 with a speaker. Most amps are only stable down to a 4 ohm load bridged. So with a 4 ohm speaker bridged, its 2 chnl output will be 2 ohm per chnl output x 2.

In 4 chnl mode (not bridging), the only way to get the 2 ohm output is to either use a single 2 ohm speaker per chnl or a pair of 4 ohm speakers wired in parallel. Just keep in mind, any time 2 speaker are wired together on a chnl, they divide the output.

With 4 speakers and a 4 chnl amp, there is no advantage to wiring any other way other then one speaker per chnl.

The acrylic is .5". The battery and amp will be housed in an acrylic box that will be raised off the floor of the cooler. The top of the box will right at the level of the lid and only be as deep as it takes to fit the battery then amp. This leaves room room for ice and beer. The battery is about the size of a garden tractor battery. The entire goal of this project is to keep this as a usable cooler.

If anyones looking for speakers for this job.. i got some stock kenwoods i'd be willing to give away for a cheap price..
    07 Gravity Games Edition XLV
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Tow Rig-12' F150 Ecoboost-leveled/intake

go browns
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold