Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Ice chest stereo

Alright, so after seeing wet sounds facebook today I've decided that i need to build one of these. Being that i have 4 stock kicker components lying around, i myswell put them to good use.

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of you probably like to tailgate like myself and I'm always looking to enhance the experience so with my old love for beer, new love for high quality loud as shit marine audio, I've decided to combine the two.

Now I have very limited knowledge of audio and electrical components, but luckily have a brother in law that can hold his own on the electrical side of things to help me along the way. I'm posting this here to get everyones thought as far as pieces to the puzzle.

Looking to do this on a budget being that it won't get used all that often.

Thoughts on a small battery that will power 4 6.5" speakers and a 300ish watt amp for 6hours

Thoughts on a way to charge the battery while stored away

Thoughts on whether to add a headunit or just do rca's out of the amp split them eventually into a single headphone jack

Thoughts on creative ways to divide the cooler so it can still hold ice/beer without electrocuting my frequent entering hand.

I have an old cooler in the basement so my initial plan is probably just to experiment with it and then make the masterpiece.

Also i don't have the metal clips that i see a lot of people using to secure the marine speakers to the cooler in some of the tutorials. Any ideas as to where to find these

Link to images
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ice+chest+stereo&client=firefox-a&hs=Woo&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9FMBUp_BKu-WyAHe7oGABg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=671
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

dusty .....
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Found it .......

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....eative-at-home

Looking at the google pics just shows me one thing ... Dusty nailed it.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 08-06-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

That's fricken cool. How did I miss that 2 years ago? Damn I must have actually been using the boat then

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Dusty i may be PM'ing you soon. As far as dividing the cooler, it seems relatively straightforward but i worry about condensation developing on the division and causing problems on the audio side
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

We are in the process of building one.
    Kicker KM6200 2 ohm w/LED rings
    Shuriken 30 Ah AGM power cell with C-Tek charger
    Wet Sounds Syn Micro amp 120W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm
    The New Wet Sounds BT for interface and volume control.
    May use a Kicker ZXM-RLC as line driver if we fell the source is needs it.
    A couple of orange LED strips down in the bottom just for effect.

The battery and amp rack will only take up about a fourth of the cooler and be in an acrylic enclosure and on risers so ice can actually spill over under them.

Mine is exiled, played for almost 10 hours before needing a charge!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 moomba möbius lsv
    exiled
    2 30.2 amplifiers
    1 javelin
    4 xm9's
    6 sx65m's
    1 xi12d

Default Re: Ice chest stereo

Ive had extremely good luck with mine. I used all budget equipment and can get about the same 8-10 hours of playtime on the lawnmower battery.

I would love to build another with Exile amps ans speakers but no way can I convince Ash that I need to spend a few hundred on it.

Ive got a few ideas for a better version two if the equipment winds up piled up in my garage. Would def sell the first version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Mine is just a cheap little amp that my buddy had laying around, he wasn't sure if it even worked but was like here try this. Turns out it worked really well for how I used it.
    2002 moomba möbius lsv
    exiled
    2 30.2 amplifiers
    1 javelin
    4 xm9's
    6 sx65m's
    1 xi12d

Kicker has its little PX100.2 amplifier; delivers 50x2 at 2-ohms. It pulls only 3-5 amps average with normal music playing. We also have a 200 watt sub amp that will play music rocking along at only 8-10 amps average draw. It delivers rated power into 1/2-ohm; perfect for the new dual-1-ohm subwoofers we have out.

Something to consider; they are very frugal on power....

Phil
    Kicker