Hybrid View

Red face Wakeplate Upgrade_any thoughts?

Good morning all. I recently bought a 2003 Outback (direct drive) and was looking into the possibility
    of changing/upgrading my wake plate to change the shape of my wake for my kids to ride. I have seen some threads about the Bennett X-22 that seem helpful in nature. Has anyone made this change and if so, how did it go. I don't have a fear of drilling into my hull as I have had ocean boats for about 20yrs. and have done countless modifications to the hulls.

Although a novice to the wake/surf scene, I am all in. My family loves the sport and even more the Moomba. I plan to make several creature upgrades over the upcoming winter and this would be one if I can get some feedback that it is worth it. I will also be upgrading the non-present ballast system to help out.

Thanks in advance for all your help and kind advice. Have a great day.
    2003 Outback LS
    factory tower
    310 Indmar Assault

Only thing i have heard on changing the wake plate is the piston mounting postion to allow the plate to go more up or more down.

Also you can change the size of the plate.

Ultimatly the wake plate is only moving the back of the boat up and down. Only thing its going to really change on your wave is the steepness.

Up more steep but shorter wave, down less steep but longer wave.

Another option is the swim deck, Moomba went to a more rounded style in 11 as an option and it doesn't cut into your wave like the older larger decks do.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]