Thread: 2006 outback v

Default 2006 outback v

do you think this is a good buy or should I keep looking I think it maybe a little high http://columbia.craigslist.org/boa/3958428682.html
    "You spend most of your life, looking for the adult that you are... then you spend the rest of your life looking for the child that you were."
    98 boomerang sold
    04 outback lsv

You better get on it right away. Pretty low hours for a 2006. Love the color. Says it has lots of equipment. Go take a look. He also says OBO so there's at least a little room to deal. Check your NADA boat guide.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

agree with kane. low hours, solid color and looks to have most options.. only dealbreaker would be condition. my vision of clean-well maintained is probably much different than kanes, and yours, and my neighbors..

I'd offer 25 to start and hope I'd settle at 25,800-26. nada imo is too fickle when it comes to boats. too many variables to use it as a real guide.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It's ballpark only. Gives you an idea of what a bank or credit union might loan on it and a general value guide. It really goes by condition, what's for sale locally, demand and time of year.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

agreed, the problem is all the boxes you can check that might or might not be "standard" equipment on the particular boat. bimini was standard on current boat, optional on the supra but has a box to check for either boat. iirc, current boat priced out at over 20k above what it's worth on nada and when you check all the appropriate boxes you could get a price 10k north of msrp. shell game at best for banks to justify boat loans to underwriters.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

where are looking to get into surfing is this the boat we need or do I need to look for a lsv
    "You spend most of your life, looking for the adult that you are... then you spend the rest of your life looking for the child that you were."
    98 boomerang sold
    04 outback lsv

you can surf this boat, a 2006+ LSV would work better but you will have a difficult time finding one under $30k

Default Re: 2006 outback v

If the boat is as clean as he says that's a great price! I can't hardly believe the price of used boats this year. If your going to "get in to surfing" this boat would be great. My buddy has an 08 and we have a great time surfing in that thing. Its not going to be a monster wave but more than adequate. Awesome all around boat.

PWI as usual...

the depreciation curve for use boats right now is crazy flat. I have a garage kept 2008 OBV and when I was looking to sell it 2 years ago it looked like I was going to get about 28.5 to 30k. I'm not looking to sell it but it's amazing right now how little it's depreciating. Considering I bought it for 33 this has to be the best motorized investment besides maybe my "other" boat that I'm pretty sure I could sell for 1-2 k above what I paid. Compare that with the piece of crap GMC Acadia I recently sold that cost me over 10 grand in 27 months. Everybody should buy boats not cars.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Yep, looks like a decent price but room to get it cheaper.

If you want to surf make sure the ballast III system is in place, you will have to upgrade the reare bag , surf side from 400 to a 750 , 150 or less cost.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold