Thread: Video camera

Hybrid View

Default Video camera

What are you guys running for video cameras mounted on the tower? My gopro is not meant for shots like that. I'm not looking to spend a ton just a tool to help improve my riding.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    What are you guys running for video cameras mounted on the tower? My gopro is not meant for shots like that. I'm not looking to spend a ton just a tool to help improve my riding.
    Well, my action sports cam is a Contour HD GPS. You won't need the GPS functionality so you might look at the Contour Roam. The lens on the contour gives a more normal looking picture vs. the fisheye look of a gopro. The roam is waterproof to a few feet (whereas my contour GPS has a $30 waterproof case that I bought).

Might be worth checking them out. The contours aren't as good at muting wind noise like the gopro's are, but they get better sound quality as a result if you can find a wind sheltered mounting spot.

http://store.contour.com/ae/us/camer...am-2/invt/1800

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I just got a JVC Adixxion last week and gave it a try over the weekend. It was on sale at Best Buy for $150. I also bought a suction cup mount and mounted it to the side of the tower. It works good for wakeboarding and great for surfing. It is also waterproof to several feet without a case. Takes regular SD cards and has a small screen. Battery life is short at about an hour of video but I can charge it on the boat. Wind noise is horrible but I expected that.
    2012 Moomba LSV

Here is a video to show field of view of the Adixxion. The video on my Mac is crystal clear. It looks really bad on youtube because I don't know how to post it in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9a5211IxOQ
    2012 Moomba LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mparker2997 View Post
    Here is a video to show field of view of the Adixxion. The video on my Mac is crystal clear. It looks really bad on youtube because I don't know how to post it in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9a5211IxOQ
    you and me both haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

If you click on the little gear/sprocket thing at the bottom of the video on YouTube, where the option is to expand it to full view, you can pick what quality you want to watch the video in. So you posted it in 1080p but YouTube defaults to much lower resolution. When you watch it in 1080 it looks awesome.
    Joey

2007 LSV
    Gravity III w/ 750's and IBS, Acme 1433
    WS-420SQ, Kicker KM6500.2, JL e4300, JL 12w6v2, JL e1400D, Polk db651s, JL JX360/4