Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jet Skiers...

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    what a douche

if Im out on the ski I steer clear of the other boaters and just do my own thing. If I want to jump wakes its well behind the boat and I don't follow and jump I just jump a few and go on my way.
    thats how i am..or some other skier wants to race..
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

That person on that jet ski is very fortunate that it wasn't my kid that happened too! That jet ski would never float again and chances are someone would have some broken arms and legs and I would be standing in front of a judge!!!

There is NO excuse in the world for such idiosy!!!!!! NONE!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

I'm an avid jetskier (and I own a jetski repair shop on the side) and I can't stand when people are idiots. I will pull up to somebody jumping my wake and tell them off any time. It's true, so many people on jetskis are just inexperienced boaters and for some reason jetski owners think it's okay to send somebody out on a craft that doesn't have the same steering dynamics as anything else they've ever driven and goes faster than most boats...make sense.

That being said, I'll jump anybody's wake even if they are towing, but I am a loooooooooong way back and normally make it a point to go the opposite direction as the boat when I'm jumping so as not to even give a hint of intentionally following them to jump the wake.

There was just a case a few weeks ago of both a boater and a jetskier being idiots on a lake I used to live on, Sylvan Lake in West Bloomfield MI. A guy was pulling his 3 kids on a tube behind his jetski; he had no spotter and of course it's also illegal to have more people in the craft and in tow than the craft's capacity. A boat hit the tube, and one kid died on the scene, another died a day later at the hospital, and the third is still in critical condition. Really terrible scenario, but reminds you that these things aren't toys. Sylvan is a pretty large and busy semi-private lake, and on weekends I didn't even ride most of the time. I'm just glad I live on a smaller private lake now with very little traffic.

Link to the story if anybody is interested:

http://www.freep.com/article/2013071...ident-boy-dies
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV