Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet Skiers...

Lake Lice! I have gotten into a few heated altercations and all have been with middle aged male drivers. Since I'm 33 but look like I'm 25, I don't think they take me seriously. Last one told me that I don't own the lake and he could jump my wake anyplace he wanted. It was the closest I've ever come to getting into a fight in my whole life. I don't have kids but if it had been my wife that guy hit, I'd have beaten the @&$@@ out of him.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Default Jet Skiers...

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    i use to own one.. never jumped peoples wake or anything with it..just cruised and had fun..in NY you have to take a boats safety course and have the licence from that to operate one..i grew up with my father being in the coat guard Aux. and i join too when i could. i still dont get how dumb these people can be with a jet ski..i plan on getting one again. but thats just for me to get out away from everything and relax.i do hope that girl was ok..i would have cussed that dude out.
    You NEVER jumped a boat's wake...really?? C'mon man..there is no way you being a young guy just had a jet ski and cruised around. That is judgmental on my part yes but I'm a young guy too and have had jet skis all my life and I just find it hard to believe you never jumped a wake and just cruised around. The only people I see cruising around are older people with big ol three seaters...

There is nothing wrong with jumping wakes as long as you keep your distance and the boat isn't pulling someone. There are a lot of idiots in Jet Skis but I've run across several that are in boats too. The problem with a jet ski is everyone THINKS they can ride one...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

An inexperienced rider will let off the gas when they see trouble (late) and that means they can't steer. They'd be better off hitting the gas hard and turning hard but they don't react like that. And they don't have any idea where they are or what the danger is.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is scary, I sure hope that girl is ok.

boy does that piss me off royally
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I also watched that from the Supra forms. If I was driving the boat I would be in jail right now since I would make the jet skier feel more pain then what my wakeboarder is in.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default Jet Skiers...

To me the "lake lice" are equivalent to "The Quads" in the dirt bike world. Can't stand either of them in a public setting. I think when the balance impaired take to their machines they turn their brains off completely.

I take pulling my riders very seriously and do not mess around with the jet skis at all. At our first camp of the summer we had a jet ski start jumping our wake so I stooped the boat and sat there for a few minutes. Once the jet ski ran out of wake to jump they stopped. I got on the PA and told them that this boat is not making any more wakes for them to jump and wasn't moving until they are gone.

Our lake is fairly small and my boat is becoming well know to all the jet skis on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Kids on two jet skis jumped the wake behind my son water skiing two years ago. I found the sheriff and told him what happened. He went right over to where the kids were riding. Neither one had their boating license. Happened on a Friday, so they and their girlfriends couldn't ride all weekend.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

According to what appears to be the original post on wakeworld at http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799261 (by the same guy who posted the video on youtube), the PWC driver is the girl's older brother who was trying to scare her, and she was shaken up by not hurt.

Hm... there was no word on whether the brother has offered to let her drive the PWC while he's on a wakeboard.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    You NEVER jumped a boat's wake...really?? C'mon man..there is no way you being a young guy just had a jet ski and cruised around. That is judgmental on my part yes but I'm a young guy too and have had jet skis all my life and I just find it hard to believe you never jumped a wake and just cruised around. The only people I see cruising around are older people with big ol three seaters...

There is nothing wrong with jumping wakes as long as you keep your distance and the boat isn't pulling someone. There are a lot of idiots in Jet Skis but I've run across several that are in boats too. The problem with a jet ski is everyone THINKS they can ride one...
    its against the law here in NY pluss i had a 2009 wake pro 215 with the hard ballast tanks on the back. so all i had to do was fill them up and gas her then let off and go again..i would get that thing going haha..only dumb thing i did was when my buddy rented a boat we were all headed to a spot that you could only get to by boat..all the girls didnt want to get wet but all the guys didnt care so i came up near the boat ( they were doing at most 20mph) and whipped her to the side and covered the boat..but now that i remember that i did try to jump their wake once or twice..but that was at low speeds and no one around us..and deff no one in tow..
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

what a douche

if Im out on the ski I steer clear of the other boaters and just do my own thing. If I want to jump wakes its well behind the boat and I don't follow and jump I just jump a few and go on my way.