Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2013 model swivel board racks service note

For those that have the 2013 model swivel board racks (i.e. came on a 2013 boat or had the 2012 racks that hit the tower replaced)

The detent depth doesn't appear to be great enough for the plunger pin to properly engage and "lock" the rack in place. Inspect the plunger pin when it is seated/locked and if there is more than a 1/8" gap, contact your dealer and use caution until fixed.

If your dealer is too far away and/or you want to take care of this yourself, you can take apart the swivel & drill out the detent so that the pin can fully engage.

Yep I had a buddy riding with me and was almost knocked out by this problem! I thought it was our fault by not pushing the pin all the way in but that's not the case thanks for the update

We had the same thing happen to a friend of ours that was riding in the boat too. Haven't had any other problems though.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Lake, Sun, Cold Beer = Moomba Time: Life is Good

Just a note, your dealer will replace them with the design being used on the 14's. My dealer took care of mine when I had it in for a few other things.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I'm glad I came across this thread. I own a 2013 Mobius LSV that had the same thing happen to me. While traveling with a board in the rack, it unexpectedly swung around at speed and hit a passenger nearly knocking them out. I figured it must not have been engaged properly when I swung it out. I will be contacting my dealer regarding this problem. Thanks for the heads up.

I was out today and a swivel rack swung and hit my sister-in-law in the head! It had a couple of wake boards on it. I thought that maybe I didn't have the pin pushed down good. But I was pretty sure it had clicked. So got some tylenol out of first aid kit and she moved and another girl moved in that spot. Five minutes later it did it to her! I know the pin was down that time. Starting looked at it and pulling on it and I could get it move out of the locked location. This is on a new 2014 Mondo? I thought they were fixed on new models? I am assuming this is warranty?? Has anyone else had this problem on a 14?
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Never had an issue with my racks on my 13 Mojo.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default 2013 model swivel board racks service note

My 13 Mojo had the racks updated under warranty and I was very happy with the change, your Mondo should be the new style with the larger pins. Sounds like this might be an isolated issue with your one rack. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I talked with Atlanta Marine and they are checking into it. I actually bought my boat in 13 and I had them change out the racks at the dealership. I have a fear they had a set laying around that may not be the new style. I'm sure they are going to take care of it for me. The one with issues doesn't go all the way down. It sits up about 1/8" higher than the other side.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

That's it - the pin isn't fully seating.

Sent from my XPS 12 9Q23 using Tapatalk