Default Doomswell Nubstep or Neo???

For any of you with experience with these two boards which would you recommend? They both look amazing and seem to be very similar but would love to hear from someone who has ridden one or both especially. Im just getting started surfing and want something I can orogress on and other newbies on the boat can enjoy as well. I had at first leaned towards the nubstep since it's labeled as a hybrid so I thought it would spin easier etc. the more I read on the Neo it seems it's a good all around surf board with skim capability as well hunt the blunt nose is a little more forgiving than the sharp nose of tube nubstep. Help me figure this out lol!

Quote Originally Posted by onebadssv View Post
    For any of you with experience with these two boards which would you recommend? They both look amazing and seem to be very similar but would love to hear from someone who has ridden one or both especially. Im just getting started surfing and want something I can orogress on and other newbies on the boat can enjoy as well. I had at first leaned towards the nubstep since it's labeled as a hybrid so I thought it would spin easier etc. the more I read on the Neo it seems it's a good all around surf board with skim capability as well hunt the blunt nose is a little more forgiving than the sharp nose of tube nubstep. Help me figure this out lol!
    I just received my Neo, I love it..... Ot wore my butt out. The blunt nose makes it easier to ride backwards, other than that they are the same board. I would go Neo again... Good luck! You will be very happy with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ridden the nubstep. I can spin it but haven't rode any away. I don't know about it as a "newbie" board. it's somewhat fragile and expensive, so I don't typically share unless they're proven riders. Plus, it's fast and that isn't always good for the newbs.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I got my neo last year. Amazing!! I went from a lf fish a beginner board and only really surfed the wave a very short distance with it. The neo I can surf much longer and the speed and recovery of the board is awesome. It took a little getting used to but after a handful of test runs I got the feel and have been having a blast since.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Between the two I would go NEO. All day long ,
    Thought the the nubstep would ride more like my drone ,but it really did not ,

Drone rides between the two , NEO is fast surfy and responsive
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Between the two I would go NEO. All day long ,
    Thought the the nubstep would ride more like my drone ,but it really did not ,

Drone rides between the two , NEO is fast surfy and responsive
    what's your take on how you'd describe the ride of the nubstep? I obviously ride that regularly. the spark plug occasionally, and I've ridden the drone, but it was so long ago and so separated from my getting the nubstep that I really don't have a comparison I can draw on.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

To be honest , I thought all three I rode were slow and not responsive , kinda "piggish. I rode the 4 6 , 4 10 and 5 ft behind s tige rzx2 the centurion ri257and the supreme s238. Then I rode three neo and it was night and day on a mojo pro , the g25 and the Malibu mxz24

I expected the nubstep to be more agile faster and responsive than the drone from what I heard from people on the forum , but no it wasn't . Maybe because I have the futures blastix f4 fins and the demos just had plastic , but that was the case for the Neo stock plastic fins.

If I was to do it over again and had to choose Doomswell it would be a NEO , but since they are not custom made in the states anymore like my drone was I would look at the custom surf style surf shops stateside parkersurfcraft , rusty wakesurf, soulcraft, idol or even some of chaos.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-06-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

How does the spark plug ride , the DW spark plug and skim was supposed to be at SSF. But Brock didn't have any demos to bring

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    since they are not custom made in the states anymore
    I know Brock was getting away from custom orders but I did not know they moved production out of states? Where do they make them now?

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Thailand maybe?
    2018 Mojo Pro
    Intense Green