Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ballast bags won't completely empty

Is it normal for ballast bags to not completely empty on their own without lifting the bags to drain them?

Default Re: ballast bags won't completely empty

Quote Originally Posted by mikeaddy View Post
    Is it normal for ballast bags to not completely empty on their own without lifting the bags to drain them?
    I seem to have to do this, and sometimes even when I lift the bag they wont drain anymore, so I click the fill switch for a few seconds (enough to have them start to fill), then hit the drains again. Now I store my bags hanging out of the lockers since I have to hang them like that to drain them completely. Storing this way lets the carpet dry under them.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk HD
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

If you drain them while cruising most of the water should drain out

Is it just the forward momentum of the boat and the gravity moving the water to the back?

Seems like such a hassel, I hope this isn't standard procedures, certainly worth the efforts when storing but not for swapping sides for surfing!

Mike,

What style of pumps does your system have and how much water is left in the sacs? Are there check-valves in the vent lines?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Mike,

What style of pumps does your system have and how much water is left in the sacs? Are there check-valves in the vent lines?
    Pumps ars original factory in the 2008 moomba mobius lsv (but I don't know what style they are), they're left with about 1/4 full. No check valves in the lines.

A forth of the water remaining in the sac is pretty significant.

I have a similar problem... Mine always have water left in them even when the gauge reads 0%. Rear bags easy, i lift them to help drain. Hard tank tougher. I check for full drain while on the lift. I can hear / watch the water pour out and hear the flow slow down before the pump starts to whine. I don't have check valves either but its hard to believe that i am draining air when the bags (rear) are full....
    2012 Mojo2.5
    Ballast:
    1100 surf side
    400 goofy side
    500 under floor
    725 IBS
    260 bow floor
    (The more spotters the better)
    Acme1235

Default ballast bags won't completely empty

I have this problem with my '08 Supra 21V. Front bag drains fine but my two rear bags always have water in them, and a significant amount. Annoys me. Sometimes I will try emptying them while I have the bow up in the air at minimal speed to send all of the water to the drain hose but it doesn't always work.

I always wondered if I replaced the factory pumps would it solve my problem. I am not sure if my drain hoses have check valves, I don't think they do.

Just last night I drove home with probably 50% left in my rear bags. Even standing on them wouldn't work. Good thing I only live 3.5 miles to the ramp now...
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale