Default Thinking About Mojo 2.5 Purchase - Advice Please

I recently sold my 06 Tige 24v. I thought we were done with boating, however I was wrong.

Yesterday, I went to a Dallas boat show and looked at a 2013 Mojo 2.5, Tige z3 and Malibu Wakesetter. Prior to yesterday, I wouldn't have considered a Moomba (sorry). I used to consider Moomba a lower quality boat with poor resale value. However, I have changed my mind.

As I seriously consider the Moomba, Mojo 2.5, I'd appreciate current Moomba owner input. Since I never had any issues with my Tige, reliability is paramount. Value is also very important.

We'll use the boat to surf (most important), wakeboard, ski and tube. I might also wait for the 2014 models. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Paul
    Paul
    2015 Mojo, Surf Edition
    Lake Texoma

Default Re: Thinking About Mojo 2.5 Purchase - Advice Please

Paul,

I had similar thoughts when I bought my OBV in 2008 regarding the brand. Determined it was the best value, by far. Fast forward to 2012, girls are into surfing big time and now a Mojo sits on the lift. Search my user name for info on the Mojo. We love ours!

Trade our '06 outback for a '13 mojo this spring. Absolutely awesome boat. Great color options compared to '12. Purchased with the upgraded 345 "surf" engine (a must). I think I listed all the optoins in the "Pride and Joy" section of the forum. Upgraded the ballast per wolfeman's thread and the surf wave is excellent.

Let me know if you have any questions or want specific pictures or video of anything on the boat. We run 1 or 2 go pros every time we take it out. You won't be dissapointed, it's an awesome boat.

FYI-really cool new optoins on the '14's also.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

I really appreciate your feedback Drew. I'll search your posts for added insight.

Paul
    Paul
    2015 Mojo, Surf Edition
    Lake Texoma

muehlcj,

I sent you a message regarding surf wake video and boat pics. Thanks.

Paul
    Paul
    2015 Mojo, Surf Edition
    Lake Texoma

Pdhj1990,

I can tell you we were thrilled this weekend when we took delivery of our Mojo. Boat is very solid, tons of power, puts out a nice wake for wakeboarding. I've not dialed in the surfing wave yet, although I've found many have modified their Mojos to optimize the surf wave. I think the stock wave could be surfable.

As far as reliability goes, I can't comment on that given the short amount of time I've been in the boat. I can only imagine it should be better than the Bayliner I traded out of (zero issues in 6 years by the way, was a fantastic boat for us).
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default Thinking About Mojo 2.5 Purchase - Advice Please

We love our 13, just be prepared to spend some money for new sacks to increase surfability. I'm 6-2, 220 and the stock setup will not allow me to surf. New sacks should arrive tomorrow.
    2013 MOJO