Question Ignition Problem

Ran boat today and stopped to inflate a tube. Plugged my pump into the 12V by the ignition and there was a short in my pump that caused the plug to smoke, so yanked it out of the 12V, but it was too late. Went to start the boat and the boat wont crank. Could turn the ignition switch to Run, but when turn to Start it wouldn't engage the starter. Tried it a couple times and then the ignition switch failed, key now turns in a complete circle and it's stuck in the Run position (all gauges on and perfect pass beeps).

Tried hotwiring the switch to see if it was just a switch failure and it wont engage the starter when touching a jump wire to the power or the ground.

Tried jiggling the throttle to make sure it was in neutral, no dice there either.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot from here?
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Default Ignition Problem

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Ran boat today and stopped to inflate a tube.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot from here?
    I'd start by apologizing to your boat for the attempted cruelty of making her pull a tube,

Default Ignition Problem

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I'd start by apologizing to your boat for the attempted cruelty of making her pull a tube,
    This from a guy who had two single tubes he was saying how much fun it was to slung the kids around in. You guys are funny always hating on the tubers. You know you're a closet tuber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Default Re: Ignition Problem

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    If I had no kids, I woudn't pull a tube again, but the darn kids seem to like tubing even though they know how to wakeboard.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk HD

Figured it out tonight, indirectly from this board. Saw a different thread which mentioned a breaker in the engine compartment, so went looking for it. Found it, pushed it and it clicked

Hotwired the ignition (ignition is still broken) and the starter engaged!

If your are interested in the location of the breaker, it is the red button (pushed from right to left) in the picture below that is to the right of the CA Emission Sticker and appearing under the coil wire

2013-07-28 18.32.34.jpg