Default Fuel transfer on the dock

What's the best method of fuel transfer that you have come up with for docked boats? We don't have a marina on our lake and it stays on the lift all summer so filling it up really becomes an issue for me. 5 gallon cans and a funnel leaves my beach looking like the Exxon Valdez just ran aground and I gave up on that immediately.

I picked up a 15 gallon gas caddy with wheels that came with a siphon pump hose but it still took 15+ minutes to transfer. More recently, I picked up a 1" super jiggler siphon pump and attached it to an 8 foot hose and can now dump 15 gallons in 2 minutes without spilling a drop! In order to get the siphon pump flowing I have to keep a large cinder block on the dock to lay it on since my dock is already up as high as it can go.

http://www.superjiggler.com/

I use the same gas caddy, I just removed the handheld pump and stick the siphon pump in the hole that you fill it up with. It's a tight fit trying to get the 1'' pump in the can, but it does work. I had to trim back some of the extra plastic molding around the lip of the gas caddy though and clean out the shavings when they fell in the can. I also had to attach the hose to the pump with zip ties, since a metal clamp sticks out to far to allow you to put the pump in the can.

jiggler.jpggas.jpg
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Yep, the little siphon hose with the check ball and five gallon cans, easy and quick
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

I use VP fuel cans. Technically i dont think they are legal gas cans because they have the external fuel vent. But it has a 3/4 or 1 inch hose on it that empties pretty quick. My boat sits highe than the dock so i cant siphon with putting the can on the vinyl

Default Re: Fuel transfer on the dock

A 50 gallon barrel and a reversible pump..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

30 gallon drum and this

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...2224_200022224

I can drain 30 gallons in less than 10 mins.
    2008 Mobius LSV, Z5, Gravity ballast, wakeplate

Automotive fuel pump with hoses on both ends and a cord to the 12 volt source.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD