Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buying used Moomb

Hello - I am planning on purchasing a used 2000 Moomba Kamberra tomorrow. I live in Ohio and the boat is in Virginia. I will be a first time boat owner and of course am a little hesitant with a large purchase. Has anyone here owned this boat? Any insight?

I will be using it for wakeboarding. It comes with a tower, speakers, and 600 lbs of ballast. Good start I suppose. I just want to get an idea of anything I need to look for before I buy this boat.

The hours are pretty low - at 275. That is nice - but the interior is a little beat up. The previous owner did not have a cover for the boat - but I am more concerned with the integrity of the boat and how it runs.

The dealership who is selling the boat knows little about it. They say they have preformed an inspection on the boat - but I am still a little bit converned. I have learned there are Surveyors out there that can provide a complete inspection. Before I take that route - I just wanted to get any feedback from anyone who knows this style boat. Anything in particular I should look for? Even in general - when looking for a new boat.

I really appreciate any help - thank you in advance

Nate

Default Replying to Topic 'Buying used Moomb'

Don't know what to tell you except it's always a gamble to travel and pick up a boat you're not sure about. If you change your mind, I've got an '03 Mobius LS in excellent condition with low hours (around 60) and an extended drive train warranty that I'm trying to sell. [email protected]

Hours are nice! Is this a V drive or D drive? Any accessories? What is your asking price? Do you have any pictures of the boat? Also - where are you located?

When you have a moment - email them to me at [email protected]

I have made arrangements to head back out to Virginia tonight to take the boat out again this weekend. If all is well - I may be taking it home. I would like to hear more about your boat though......there may be no reason for me to make this trip tonight.

Thanks Lowdrag,

Nate

Nate, I bought my old 02 Outback site unseen with the exception of photos on the internet. She had about 60 hrs on her.( 360 miles away) The boat was a great boat and I never had any mechanical issues at all and put over 100 hrs on it last year. The only thing I did after buying it was changing the impeller and having the shaft repacked.

Hope this helps and good luck.

doug, t-town.

I'll get back to you via e-mail with some more details. The boat is listed in the classified section if you want to see a pic of it before I get back to you. Price listed is negotiable.

Lowdrag

I went out to Virginia this weekend and bought the boat. The price was hard to pass up - as well as the V-Drive. I do have to say you have a beautiful boat though.

Thank you for your time.

Nate

Actually the boat did have a cover, just was not traded with the boat. Was not a Moomba cover, just a generic one from WalMart. Worked fine with he tower down.

Pete

Hey no problem. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your new boat. Welcome to the family.

Thank you Lowdrag.

Nboard10,

Congrats on the new boat, We have the same boat. Ours is viper blue and white with a tower, tower speakers, and about 1000 lbs of ballast available, origanally had the 310 hp motor in it but we upgraded the motor to a 383 stroker motor last year.

Let us know which motor you have and post some pics soon.

Again congrats and welcome to the group! We relly enjoy ours and have had lots of fun with it.

Andy