Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    brett, are you wearing khakis?
    They look hideous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

State Farm guy came to look at my car. He doesn't know anything about damages if you ask me.

First he didn't even look at the damaged fuel tank. Open the gas door and you can see the whole thing is crushed.

He said my drivers door needs alignment, no it will need that but right now the front gap is correct, rear lower gap is correct, upper gap is gone because the structure of the car is damaged.

He's like I don't see frame damage.

A Vette doesn't have a normal frame, and being bent 1/2 is pretty hard to see with the naked eye.

Any how long story short, what he did write up is over 6500 in damages and said he's going to submit the car as a total loss.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sounds a little frustrating. That said, if the submission is for a total loss, you've passed this step and get to move forward. Now it's going to be all about haggling over the value they give you. Hope that all goes smooth.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    State Farm guy came to look at my car. He doesn't know anything about damages if you ask me.

First he didn't even look at the damaged fuel tank. Open the gas door and you can see the whole thing is crushed.

He said my drivers door needs alignment, no it will need that but right now the front gap is correct, rear lower gap is correct, upper gap is gone because the structure of the car is damaged.

He's like I don't see frame damage.

A Vette doesn't have a normal frame, and being bent 1/2 is pretty hard to see with the naked eye.

Any how long story short, what he did write up is over 6500 in damages and said he's going to submit the car as a total loss.

Just caught up on your thread, that really sucks, but thankfully you are not hurt and the car can be replaced. I am guessing the replacement would be somewhere between $15k and $25k??

Good luck, and I feel for you on dealing with the wankers from the auto insurance companies that are set up for mini-vans and Toyota commuter cars, not your dream car.

If you ever do insure another classic or hot rod that is NOT your daily driver, give Hagerty a shot. I have too older rigs (a 69 Vet and a 65 Caddy) that I have insured with them and their service is beyond great!! But I am pretty sure that they don't do daily drivers/commute cars.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.