Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I got the thumbs up from a 600RR yesterday, i was going from the 26 to 217 ramp. One of them big circles that say 25mph.

I was doing 60 all the way around it, 600RR was on the inside lane laid all the way down as i past him, once we got to the straight away he flew past me with a big thumbs up LOL
    i hate you mike..i just sold my 09 600rr over winter.. i need a new summer ride haha but nice vet..id like to get my hands on a C6
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Nice looking ride! I remember drooling over those when they were new (yes I am old)

Threw in a couple pics of my old vette, pretty stock except the 405 hp small block, EFI, Tremec 5-spd, suspension and rims and rubber. Just finished putting in a new leather interior along with new carpet.

Sounds like after boating season, the wife has to park outside??
    DSCN0257.jpgDSCN0039 - .jpgDSCN0035.jpg
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Nice looking ride! I remember drooling over those when they were new (yes I am old)

Threw in a couple pics of my old vette, pretty stock except the 405 hp small block, EFI, Tremec 5-spd, suspension and rims and rubber. Just finished putting in a new leather interior along with new carpet.

Sounds like after boating season, the wife has to park outside??
    DSCN0257.jpgDSCN0039 - .jpgDSCN0035.jpg

That's a sick Vette
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Dredging up this old thread, as it looks like Ruby will be a RIP Dream Car.

When I moved to GA one of things I noticed is how fast everyone drives here, also I noticed how much damages is on peoples cars and not fixed. This has always bothered me as I like my cars to look nice and if they get damaged they need to be fixed.

I told Claudia one of my biggest fears is someone will hit me in the Vette. It will be a total loss as everything on the Vette is expensive being fiberglass and such large panels.

Friday evening I was going into town to have dinner with Claudia to celebrate my new job offer, I was going south while the bulk of traffic was going north, there was't even that much traffic in my direction. There was a car in front of me, and he stopped fairly sudden but with more then enough time for me to stop without really jamming my breaks, I had at least 4-6 ft distance from him. When I looked in my rear view mirror the Lexus SUV behind me wasn't stopping. I actually had enough time to lean into the seat and brace for impact.

Slam!! She hit me so hard I was launched into the car in front of me, my glasses and hat flew into the windshield and my phone laying on the consule bounces off the stereo and fly's into the back of the car.

In the pictures you can see the damage but its what you can't see thats really bad.

Ironically I just installed these new LED Tail lights so I was more visible, maybe she was blinded by them.
    You can see the entire rear is damaged, the licence plate is actually bent. Drivers Exhaust tip is about 3-4 inches longer then the bumper and originally it was maybe an inch sticking out. Exhaust bracket is incompletely broken off under the car. The spare tire sits behind the fuel tank, I had 1/2 a tank of fuel at the impact, and now I have a full tank so the fuel tank is crushed.

Before the crash

This side pic also doesn't look to bad at first glance, but look at the fender over the wheel, yup thats a crease and the fiberglass has broke, but its still stressed.
    Look at the door gap and this tells the real story. There is a gap at the bottom but not the top, the car folded up in the impact and the door is jammed shut. I had to dukes of hazard my way out of the car.

Also when I drove the car home the following day, as Claudia came and picked me up, the rear inner fender rubs on the tire, and this is not a normal soft plastic liner, its hard plastic and metal. Its crushed in about 1-2 inches compared to the passenger side.

Drivers side Hood looks to be ok for the most part, but looking at the hood line where it opens, you can see the hood is bowed as well, it also won't open any more. Its jammed shut.

Last edited by mmandley; 09-12-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The nose of the car is damaged but not to bad as I had some distance between me and the car in front of me. The car in front only has a scratch here I hit him and his plastic bumper is out of alignment now.

Here is a couple pictures from the Spring of the car.

The bright side is no one was hurt, including myself. I had no pains from the hit, I expected my neck and back to be sore but no issues at all.

On one note, I know I would have never gotten rid of this car as I wanted it since I was 20, and I would have kept restoring it to be nicer and replacing rebuilding parts on it. Now that this has happened, I have to let it go, I see no reason to buy it back with a salvage title and rebuild it. It will never be the same with frame damage.

I guess I will be in the market for a newer C6 Vette.
    Last edited by mmandley; 09-12-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Crazy, a coworker lives in Atlanta, him and his wife both commute. She has been hit 4 times since March. $9,000 in damage the first time and just minor the next 3. Glad you are safe, sorry for the vette.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Rip, bring on the Ls7!
    -Jake

I know you have sentimental value, but the C6 vettes look SOOOO much nicer. Once you have a new ride, you won't miss those pop up headlights at all!

Glad you weren't hurt bro!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Man that sucks A$$. I know most of us with are very particular about our toys.
    I would not be surprised if some sort of distracted driving occurred. I have to admit I am more horn happy theses days.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Sorry to hear this, Mike. Glad you are OK.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!