Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '08 XLV before

Default '08 XLV before

Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Quote Originally Posted by Membrain View Post

Ouch. that hurts to look at.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Looks great! How did the original skins get so trashed? Just normal wear and tear?
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Yea, those old photos are pretty rough to look at! As soon as our boat turned 4 years old, the vinyl just went to crap!! In other words, as soon as warranty expired. It got progressively worse each year. I think the biggest contributing factor (according to the restoration shop) that led to the demise of the vinyl was the cleaning products used to clean the surfaces and suntan lotion/oil. I was told not to use any type of harsh cleanser that it will dry out the material and do not let suntan lotion get on it. Good luck!!! I was told don't even use a Mr. Clean white scrubby on it. Just water and elbow grease. I put some Maguire's on it to keep the moisture in the material. They said that's good. The hardest thing is making people take their shoes/sandals off before boarding!!! Oh Man!!! We had the entire boat done so their wouldn't be any noticeable color differences between the old and new. There wasn't much good left so it was a no brainer to do the whole thing. The shop asked me what I thought I wanted to spend and told him I'd like to keep it around 2,500.00. He laughed at me. He poked his head under the tonneau cover and said holy crap this thing has a lot of vinyl. So it was a little north of the 2.5K. $4,500.00 out the door in less than one week's time. Cheaper than a new boat I suppose. We also put in 6.5 Wetsounds through out and changed out the amps and sub to Alpine and a new Bluetooth head unit. That's pretty cool to be able to control the music standing on the beach with your phone. All we do any more is surf and drink beer.
    Last edited by Membrain; 12-22-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Worth every penny. That shop does some very nice work.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow, that looks so good! Hard to believe that the vinyl was that trashed. Hopefully now with some TLC you will be good for a long time. There are a lot of products out there that are made specifically for cleaning vinyl and then keeping it hydrated. Babes, hot sauce, etc.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I was told not to use any type of harsh cleanser that it will dry out the material and do not let suntan lotion get on it. Good luck!!! I was told don't even use a Mr. Clean white scrubby on it. Just water and elbow grease. I put some Maguire's on it to keep the moisture in the material.
    Do yourself a favor and invest into Boat Bling cleaning products for that interior, you will thank me later!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)