Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    That's been my understanding as a State Farm Customer. They've always been very responsive on getting things settled and paid.
    The reviews look good for State Farm. A rental car gets them motivated because it is a daily cha ching for them until it is fixed or totaled.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Ask them if they have a preference for where you rent your "comparable Corvette". ha ha.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    The reviews look good for State Farm. A rental car gets them motivated because it is a daily cha ching for them until it is fixed or totaled.
    Yes I think the first mistake I made was having it towed to my yard where it wasn't accruing any storage fees. Naturally they made it very easy to get them copies of the title and next day mailed the check so I had to turn the rental car in Friday lol. The communication went from nill to nonstop.
    -Jake

They finally called me Tuesday to look at the car this Friday.

Getting a Rental or anything right now only means I pay yup front then try to get my money back later.

State Farm said if I don't want to wait, claim it in my insurance, once everything is settled they would pay Allstate.

Problem is then I have a claim on my insurance listed as not at fault but it's a claim non the less.

State Farm said they don't really care what a police report says, if their drivers won't admit responsibility then I have to fight everything.

I just don't understand it. I have pictures, a police report, citations as who was at fault, I don't get why I have to play this song and dance.

I'm just glad I still have my truck to drive or I probably would blow a gasket.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

State farm needs to quit playing stupid and confess a rear end collision is almost always the fault of the driver in the rear. Second, using your own company doesn't go against your record "if" the claim is settled. I have used that in the past and it works best when the other party is balking. I give the insurance company the opportunity to get a rental car for the loss of your daily commute car and if they balk then I advise them in writing that a rental will be obtained. An injury from the accident can come up shortly after an accident so you can advise them that you will be seeking medical treatment.

Did I say I am asking for a car camera this Christmas that I can put it in the vehicle I am driving? Small enough that I can conceal in the event that I may be at fault. I like the instant replay aspect of football and I want to extend that to driving. I would of course let the other driver lie first before bring out the big guns. Too much crap and risk not to have one.
    Last edited by zabooda; 09-21-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    They finally called me Tuesday to look at the car this Friday.

Getting a Rental or anything right now only means I pay yup front then try to get my money back later.

State Farm said if I don't want to wait, claim it in my insurance, once everything is settled they would pay Allstate.

Problem is then I have a claim on my insurance listed as not at fault but it's a claim non the less.

State Farm said they don't really care what a police report says, if their drivers won't admit responsibility then I have to fight everything.

I just don't understand it. I have pictures, a police report, citations as who was at fault, I don't get why I have to play this song and dance.

I'm just glad I still have my truck to drive or I probably would blow a gasket.
    It's pretty common that the client of the insured has to come forward to say that there'd been an "incident". it's what keeps some random stranger from contacting your insurance company and fraudulently claiming you wronged them. It's been a policy of state farm for the almost 30 years I've had them.

Yes, it's frustrating for you, but it's just one of their normal policies that was created as a protection measure for their clients. It'll come out okay, just stay the course.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

"It's pretty common that the client of the insured has to come forward to say that there'd been an "incident". " That may never happen also one never admits fault as there may be other issues that were a contributing cause. The only way it will get the insurance company's attention is if that person puts in a claim or the other person contacts the insurance company (if the information is correct). The statement of the client given to the insurance company is what they work with and it may differ greatly so getting a copy is important. I pay my insurance company to represent me and use them for that purpose. I had the same issue with State Farm many years ago and actually got kicked out of their office. Wrong move on their part.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Better call Jake....from State Farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

brett, are you wearing khakis?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Mike, just saw this, sucks about the car, but glad to hear your ok
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart