Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Loud exhaust on LSV

This 2013 LSV is my first V Drive boat. I've owned 8 I/O's, so I am not new to boating, only new to this drive system. Am I the only owner who thinks these boats are much loader than an I/O? The exhaust sounds at mid range rpm's are louder than I expected. Any solutions such as switching to quiter muffler?
    ADM

2018 Craz

FAE? Maybe your only option
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

FAE. Three birds with one stone. Stereo upgrade, no stationwagon effect, quieter, almost eliminated exhaust sound. My brother owns a io Bayliner and he said my Supra is quiter than his from the beach.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the big diff here is that IO exhaust is coming out under the water through the prop, unless a guy is running the capt's call out the sides.

The V-drive exhaust is underwater at idle, but once you're moving it's basically open air and yes, will definitely be louder.

The FAE or fresh air exhaust mentioned would definitely be a winner and good investment. It will put your exhaust output down to a comparable level to the IO, plus the other gains mentioned.

This is what you're looking for (photo courtesy of Mandley)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Thanks for posting that pic Berg LOL.

If you want to look into an FAE let me know, ill get you in contact with the right people and maybe even be able to get you a little discount. We did a group buy a few months back and maybe i can get you the discount we had then.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I was not familiar or aware of a FAE. Looks simple, yet directs the exhaust lower into the water as an I/O does. What is estimated cost of this, and any warranty issues with my new boat? Where do you purchase a FAE, my boat dealer or from the web. Neat idea.
    ADM

2018 Craz

Default Loud exhaust on LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Thanks for posting that pic Berg LOL.

If you want to look into an FAE let me know, ill get you in contact with the right people and maybe even be able to get you a little discount. We did a group buy a few months back and maybe i can get you the discount we had then.
    Mike has the inside word with the company so he will have better info than I but here's their website-
    http://www.freshairexhaust.com/

I am not 100% but I think you are looking at about $500 or so, depending on your specific choices. You can price it out on the website.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Maybe do another group buy? I need/want an FAE, I was going to get in on the last group buy.
    2008 Mobius XLV | 325HP | Acme 1235| lots of ballast!

Quote Originally Posted by xBabyJesus View Post
    Maybe do another group buy? I need/want an FAE, I was going to get in on the last group buy.
    IF we want another one i can try and arrange it, I would need 4 people to want in and then i can set something up.

Let me know.
    Other wise i can contact FAE and try to get you the group buy discount we did on the last one.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That would be awesome to get the group discount.
    2008 Mobius XLV | 325HP | Acme 1235| lots of ballast!