Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    I was looking at the fat sac 750 and its quite a bit longer (50" vs 36") than the length of the rear locker -- does it mold pretty well to the locker size or would that really put too much pressure on the sides when near full? Or maybe i should be looking at a different sac with different dimensions?
    Hey there Mike, I just received and installed my 750 pound fat sac this weekend (from wakemakers - I got the 750 fly high 50x20x20) and it fits perfect (even seems to have room to spare)!! I can't comment on how big a difference it makes for the wake yet as I had 3 guys in the boat that weighed 250-350 pounds each so the wake was insane! I think the upgrade on it's own will make a big difference. The install of the upgraded sac literally took me under 1 minute! I've just brought the old sac home that was previously in there and will take off the glued in fittings and use it placed somewhere else on the boat. I'll play around to see what works best. Any recommendations on where I should put the sac I just took out??? I've only upgraded one side for now but after seeing how easy it was to setup , I'm sure I'll be replacing the other side as well, then I'll have 2 extra sacs to play around with ... ) Any tips on where to place extra sacs appreciated, as I've got the same boat... Good Luck Mike, and definitely get the upgraded sacs for the back!! I'll take a pic next weekend and post the wake I get with the upgrade... My wife can surf with the factory sac, but it's not enough to get my butt surfing without the rope (5'10 200 pounds). It may be the board we're using too??

We've been surfing with full surf side, full middle and wake plate all the way down and going 11mph and have been impressed with factury wake... Even better now with upgrade! Maybe I need to adjust speed down and change wake plate??
    Last edited by costanza; 07-28-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hey there Mike, I just received and installed my 750 pound fat sac this weekend (from wakemakers - I got the 750 fly high 50x20x20) and it fits perfect (even seems to have room to spare)!!
    Thanks for the info. If you have still have room to spare with the 750, maybe it would be better to get the 1100?? Its a bit bigger and might not be able to be filled all the way, but maybe the better way to go? If anybody has experience (good or bad) with the 1100lb bag please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I'll take a pic next weekend and post the wake I get with the upgrade...
    Thanks, I would love to see a pic when you get one.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default OBV surf ballast

The 1,100 is too much for the OBV, IMO

Default OBV surf ballast

Too much for the boat or the size of that locker? I ask because I just looked at the wakemakers site and they advertise a 1100+ custom bag (that starts in the locker and extends up under port seats) just for the 2009+ OBVs.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I was referring to 1,100 just in the locker as I didn't know that they had a bag that extended up under the seats. The guys at wakemakers are the experts, so go with whatever they recommend.

Once you upgrade to a larger bag how do you recalibrate the stock pump to stay on longer? And is the % readout on the dash still accurate or is there a way to recalibrate that as well?

Thanks.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I think it's the same on yours as mine:

menu, ballast, adjust timers

the % is a simple calculation for the amount of time the pump has been running/switch has been flipped. some of us have hit the switch, the pump has failed to come on and the % reaches 100% or 0% then you get to toggle the dang thing off/on 100 times to either fill/empty the bag.

Thanks Mike and Drew, I was going to ask about changing the menu to reflect new bag! With the 750 bag the locker is filled about 2/3 of the way. I saw in a post somewhere that the 1100 is too big, but some were saying they just don't fill it all the way... I took the old valves off the standard bag last night. The heating with blow dryer worked like a charm. Now I've not got a 400 pound sack to try somewhere else in the boat. Bring on the weekend!! I'm kinda kicking myself for listening to my wife and not getting the LSV for the cost difference - but don't tell her that...

When I took out the 400 pound stock sack I was amazed at how tiny it actually is...
    Last edited by costanza; 07-30-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

never admit how small your sac is . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    never admit how small your sac is . . . .
    l-o-l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5